05 WR450 Shock Removal

Does any body have any tips for getting the shock out? Is it necessary like the manual shows to disconnect all of the wiring and radiator overflow hoses, or is there a shortcut like there was on older bikes where you just pull the subframe back slightly? If disconnecting the electrical is required, any tips on just what and where I'm disconnecting would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Doug

Just unbolt the lower portion of the subframe and rotate it upwards. You can access the shock very easily once it's out of the way, no wire disconnection, just the exhaust can. I think it's a matter of about 7 bolts...SC

Thanks!! Worked great just like you said.

Doug

Crap!!!!.........of course, I did it the manual way and spent the better part of a day carefully disconnecting and re-connecting everything. :applause:

Wish I'd of known this little tip earlier. At least now I know.

Just unbolt the lower portion of the subframe and rotate it upwards. You can access the shock very easily once it's out of the way, no wire disconnection, just the exhaust can. I think it's a matter of about 7 bolts...SC

I go through the top. I have to take off seat, tank, muffler, pull airboot of back of carb, take out top subframe bolt and pull the shock out.

I am getting pretty quick at doing this stuff, just like needle clip changes!