HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
02WR426Cali

Red Line

15 posts in this topic

I'm going to start using REDLINEOIL in my wr426. I was wondering if anyone else has used it and what they think. I know it's good for wet cluthes so please don't give me any BS about it being bad for my clutch. Thanks :applause:

Anybody using Amsoil ?

Yep, right here. I go twice as long as I normally would with other brands and the stuff comes out looking brand new every time :applause: ...SC

I used amsoil full syn. in my drz once because I found it "cheap" 6$ a quart. My staple has been silkolene full synthetic since after my break in period. I swear by it. I honestly think it produces smoother shifts,and it can be had from the TT store for like 9$ a quart.

Back to amsoil, it is good oil and I would not hesitate to use it again.

Yep, right here. I go twice as long as I normally would with other brands and the stuff comes out looking brand new every time :applause: ...SC

What is twice as long for you?

redline is great, and you can special order it at autozone for 6 or 7 bucks a quart. once my warranty is up in the WR, no more yamalube.

I also use redline in all my roadrace bikes. some with over 20,000 hard miles on em. never had a bearing failure or other internal problem, except for where I ground through the case cover, and into the stator. that motor never ran right again.

I'm going to start using REDLINEOIL in my wr426. I was wondering if anyone else has used it and what they think. I know it's good for wet cluthes so please don't give me any BS about it being bad for my clutch. Thanks :bonk:

Oh man........... That stuff is no good for wet clutches :cry::cry::applause:

...once my warranty is up in the WR, no more yamalube.

You can start using Red Line now. Yamaha can't void your warranty for using oil other than their own...that's highly illegal!...SC

originally posted by: SJMC_DON

Oh man........... That stuff is no good for wet clutches

Shut up you MORON!!!!!!

originally posted by: SJMC_DON

Oh man........... That stuff is no good for wet clutches

Shut up you MORON!!!!!!

Your original post was indignant to us here in this forum- "I know it's good for wet cluthes so please don't give me any BS about it being bad for my clutch."

Sorry but I just couldn't resist. :bonk: It was joke....... lighten up man and go change your oil :applause:

Six rides...around 125-150 miles...SC

OK, thats cool, I thought you meant alot longer than that. :applause:

Six rides...around 125-150 miles...SC

Is that 25 mpr(miles per ride)? I hope not, that makes for a pretty short ride....I couldn't live with myself if I only rode 25 miles at a time! :applause: