Toolbag supplies?

The rear fender mounted toolbag on my (new for me) XR650L was empty when I bought it.

What items did it come with and what items should be added to carry with me at all times?

Thanks

If your riding an "L" I would suggest such items as:

1. comb and styling gel

2. Mirror or small compact case

3. lip balm

4. finger nail emery-board

:applause:

If your riding an "L" I would suggest such items as:

1. comb and styling gel

2. Mirror or small compact case

3. lip balm

4. finger nail emery-board

:p

:applause::ride:

I carry a bunch of stuff.

Sockets and ratchet

Wrenches

Zip Ties

Channel-Locks

Leatherman

Phillips Screwdriver

Standard Screwdriver

tire levers (The motion pro T7 combo lever/axle wrench)

first aid kit to deal with anything that might happen when hauling ass out there on the dirt.

but then again, I'm on an 'R' model :p

5 bucks for starbucks! :applause:

Hey give me a break, it's my first streetbike.

What's with all the hostility toward the 'L' model?

Hey Wheelnut46, I think he was just kidding, if not don't pay attention to him. I looked up you're bike, and I think it's a nice looking machine. I don't know what he's talking about. I too just got a new bike, the 2006 KLX 250s, So JackAttack what do you have to say about that? :applause:

deej

Hey give me a break, it's my first streetbike.

What's with all the hostility toward the 'L' model?

lurk a few more months and you might get it :applause:

wheelnut the "R" model is revered for it's Baja rated power and durability. The "L" model is known for it's weight and detuned engine.

It's a nice bike but alot of these guys are dirt riding the four stroke and street riding a big 650 will not appeal to them.

The trick is to find a license plated XL605R. Or in my case I found a plated KTM, went down in size a bit because I'm not street riding it really.....

oh, ok I get it. The hostility is caused by the frustration of having to wrench on the bike just to get it street legal then the constant worry that dirt might clog the radiator.

It's ok, I understand. I have friends that drive Fords.

BUWAHAHAHAHA

Just funnin' with ya.

I too just got a new bike, the 2006 KLX 250s, So JackAttack what do you have to say about that? :p

deej

Brave of you to come out of the closet on TT. :applause:

Post a pic when you get your rainbow graphics on.

Should'nt you be in the Husky forum looking for a date?

:ride:

regarding your toolbag contents, .. for your 'L' model, an empty toolbag is just about what you will need ... some of us do carry TOOLS in it, for riders of other models ... :applause:

:applause::ride:

I carry a bunch of stuff.

Sockets and ratchet

Wrenches

Zip Ties

Channel-Locks

Leatherman

Phillips Screwdriver

Standard Screwdriver

tire levers (The motion pro T7 combo lever/axle wrench)

first aid kit to deal with anything that might happen when hauling ass out there on the dirt.

but then again, I'm on an 'R' model :p

why go through all that? i just pack some rubbers, never know when youll need em.

That's a good idea, you'll want to be prepared when it finally happens to you for the first time.

That's a good idea, you'll want to be prepared when it finally happens to you for the first time.

Give him and his boyfriend some credit Don.....at least they are using protection.

why go through all that? i just pack some rubbers, never know when youll need em.

lets see here...

100 miles out from nowhere, on the dirt, hauling ass on the 650R and something goes wrong.

would you rather have a few rubbers in your pocket or have enough gear to get your ass home?

Now that's funny :applause:

lets see here...

100 miles out from nowhere, on the dirt, hauling ass on the 650R and something goes wrong.

would you rather have a few rubbers in your pocket or have enough gear to get your ass home?

Sometimes, I will pack a bottle of Cabo Wabo, a couple of lemons and a cell phone to call for help. :applause:

By then, I would be in no hurry to get rescued. :ride:

I thought they came with a plug wrench and a owners manual. Those stock fender bags are not all that useful. Replace it with a Chase Harper rear fender bag (they have a lifetime warrantee). Then you will have room to carry enough tools to totally dismantle the bike in the field. Not a likely scenario on a Honda but you never know. :applause:

You may also want to carry a little epoxy for repairing the cases in case of a nasty tip over.My bike came with all the tools until I forgot to close the bags ziper.Also you may change all of the slotted screws with socket heads so you will only need a few hex wrenches.they take up less space in the smallish tool bag and are less prone to stripping.Hapy roosting.