Whats Wrong With My Bike?

RODE AT OCATILLO. RODE UP THE BIG SHELL REEF HILL. GOT 3/4 WAY UP AND DROPPED BIKE SOMEWHAT SOFTLY. GOT DOWN TO BOTTOM OF HILL. GETTING DARK. BIKE MAKING WEIRD SMELL. HAD TO DRIVE BACK SINCE GETTING DARK. ALL POWER STILL IN BIKE.

NO RESIDUE ON BIKE. CLEANED WITH ENGINE BRITE.

LET BIKE SIT FOR A FEW WEEKS. STARTED UP AND IMMEDIATELY STARTING SMOKING FROM PIPE THAT RUNS FROM TOP OF MOTER TO EXHAUST. STARTED LIKE NORMAL. DIDN'T RIDE BUT SOUNDED SAME, REVVED UP FINE.

BROUGHT TO YAMAHA. STILL UNDER WARRANTY. THEY SPEND A 1/2 HOUR ON IT AND TOLD ME MY COMPRESSION WAS LOW. I ASKED WHAT IS THE NORMAL COMPRESSION. THEY SAID THEY DIDN'T KNOW? BUT MINE WAS AT 70. 24 HOURS LATER THEY CALLED ME BACK AND SAID THEY FOUND IT SHOULD BE AT 90.

FIRST THEY SAID THEY CAN GET TO IT NEXT WEEK. SPEND 3 HOURS TEARING THE TOP PART OF THE MOTOR OUT FOR I MAY HAVE BLOWN IT UP.

I DIDN'T RUN IT OUT OF OIL OR COOLANT. BUT THE BIKE DID SEEM TO BE HOT FROM THE WHITE SMOKE RISING UP FROM THE HEAD PIPE. I DID HAVE TO FILL IT UP WITH SOME OIL AND ANTIFREEZE THE NEXT MORNING BUT DIDN'T RIDE IT.

NOW ITS NEXT WEEK AND I HAVEN'T GIVEN THEM THE GO AHEAD YET.

YAMAHA DEALER NOW SAYS SINCE I HAVEN'T GOTTED IT TUNED UP EVER THAT THE VALVES COULD JUST BE OUT OF WACK. THATS WHY THE LOW COMPRESSION READING. THEY WANT TO DO THE FULL TUNE WITH PARTS COSTING $220. ALSO HE SAID A DRIP DOWN TEST TO SEE WHY THE SMOKE.

I'VE HAD IT FOR ALMOST 2 YEARS. I HAVE THE 2 YEAR WESTERN WARRANTY. THE BIKE HAS FULL POWER AS I REMEMBER ON THAT DAY. TAKEN CARE OF PRETTY WELL. NOT RIDDEN MUCH. WHATS YOUR EXPERT OPINION? AM I GETTING THE RUN AROUND?

:applause:

Oh my. :ride::applause:

I think the valve in your head needs some adjustment.

The one you were born with.

Welcome Jeffro,

you have a broken piston ring.

Now please stop shouting

capslock.jpg

I hate it when people go all caps it is like being screamed at, I did not even want to read the DAMN POST!