HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
michaelschorpp

XR600R makes banging sound when slipping clutch

2 posts in this topic

I have a 92 XR600R which has started to make a banging sound when the clutch is slipped. This typically happens when I'm starting off in deep sand. After about a second of slipping the clutch, I hear and feel a thud coming from somewhere down below. The condition and adjustment on the clutch cable, chain and sprockets are all okay.

I did have one incident where the axle nut came loose and the chain slack increased to around 4 inches. I got the same noise then, but without the clutch being slipped.

Mike.

With out hearing it myself it's hard to say. I did have a XR600 loose the rear wheel bearing that made noise as the bearing started falling out under load. :applause: That might explain the chain jumping sound you discribed when the axle nut came loose.