jetting revisited..

ok so my 06 wr i have been playing with jetting wise has been a real pain ....

yaya maybe iam being picky,but i have tried the blue needl in 3 dif clips the red needle,the 45 pilot and 48.168-172 mains.

when i run the blue on #3,4,5 with the 48 pilot its pretty crappy at 1/4 throttle i mean real crappy.bucks and farts.its either more then a 1/4 throttlw or o throttle.(tghe tps unplugged to)all free mods done.

but get this,i pull the hot start lever when its doing this and it cleans up nicely and smooth.

the bike rips with the red needle # 4 and 45 pilot,170 main.(only bogs when cold.fuel screw at 2.0

this all makes no sense to what everyone has said?

iam sea level,80-100% humid,0-10 degrees.

the bikes telling me to lean it out but iam reading what everyones been saying.

what do ya think?how much air does the hotstart lever allow?iam wearing the bolts out changing the stuff!

iam pretty good at jettting the crf's and nailing it but this thing has me baffled.should i live with it?

should i leave it and just put up with thecrappy bottom end small throttle opening?

thax in advance.

I'm just a smidge south of ya, a little warmer and I dont ride much in the winter. But on my 04 WR450F, I'm using the blue needle, position 3, and the 165 main jet. Pilot is stock (and I have a Canadian bike) and a Zip Ty fuel screw out 1.75. Runs perfect all from idle to WOT. It does bumble a bit when I get closer to 4500 feet and above, but so little, and only just off of idle. I dont play with it, just drive around it. This will help to get you to a good starting point. I first used the 170 as the kit said, made good power, but consumed fuel too fast, dropped to the 168, then again to the 165. I think I'm spot on now!

ok heres the plug,has 100 miles on it,thr black is from idling it for a bit before shutiing it down.

looks lean to me still!contrary to what iam thinkin.no real hint of tan at all anywere.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/Bughunter2/motard151.jpg

you have to use a fresh plug everytime you do plug chops!

if you don't, you are wasting your time.

the bike rips with the red needle # 4 and 45 pilot,170 main.(only bogs when cold.fuel screw at 2.0

If this setting rips, then this is your setting my friend.

Im at sea level, 80-100+% humidity but about 90deg (30 celcius).

I only need to lean mine out when it gets hotter and more humid.

I found blue needle too rich down low, red is way better.

i am pretty good at jettting the crf's and nailing it but this thing has me baffled.should i live with it?

re-connect tps, why did you disconnect it?

The ACV circuit screws everything around. Block this off and jetting should be a breeze again. Just go to YZ jetting specs.

thx guys, looks like i'll throw it all back together and give it a go.