06 yzf 450 vs 06 crf dyno graphs.

being able to close the fuel screw almost completely before the idel reacting.

idle going low then coming back after throttle blip.

Thanks... :applause:

ah,i see what your saying.thats for try to tune a bike that the needle is no where close to right.like the early jetting in the first generation fcr.they had ridiculously big pump shots that had to be eliminated to tune.

uh-huh!

My 1999 AP duration was ~ 4 seconds.

By the time that fuel deluge of biblical proportions ended, your bike was on it's third cartwheel from the endo.

I drilled and tapped a setscrew under the AP diaphragm to limit movement. It is set at 0.5 seconds now.

I talked at length with Eyvind Boyeson during the Broome-Tioga Pro MX. He told me I could modify my 99 FCR to use the leak jet off a new FCR...

>> I asked JD if he knew anything about this mod >> He said "No".

All my internet searching came up with ZIPPO for this "mod"...[???]

i have not heard of that either.

i have never had a issue correcting the pump squirt on old style fcr's.

limiting the rod travel and timing by pinching or spreading the fork works fine.

lol,sorry fraid not.

Ok maybe my '03 has a couple less horses, but they are Clydesdales not the Shetlin Ponies like the '06 450 LOL :applause::bonk:

Ok maybe my '03 has a couple less horses, but they are Clydesdales not the Shetlin Ponies like the '06 :applause::bonk:

LOL...that's funny ..... I've owned an '03, '05, and currently an '06 YZ450F. The '06 has plenty of power.

The '03 YZ450F was a dragster back in '03....

LOL...that's funny ..... I've owned an '03, '05, and currently an '06 YZ450F. The '06 has plenty of power.

The '03 YZ450F was a dragster back in '03....

I'll second that 03 could wear out a tire in 1 moto it was a fire breathing dragon.

04 was a little nicer

05 was golden retriever on steroids

If the dyno being used is an adjustable brake unit(250i), getting all the carb circuits can be dialed in pretty close on the pump. Tdub

yep,i can get it done most of time on the dyno.

yep,i can get it done most of time on the dyno.

You da Man!! :applause::bonk:

these are 4th gear roll on tests.its 90% main jet.the throttle is wide opn at 4k rpm.

the bike came to me with the 48 pilot jet installed.i was expecting it to be way to large.

however according to my wideband air/fuel meter and the idle reaction to the fuel screw its correct.

the fuel screw ended up at 1.5 turns with the idle dropping/missing with the fuel screw under 1/2 turn.

the needle is tuned by doing steady throttle tests which are not recorded.fcr's also require actual riding to tune the needle.

only the pilot jet and main jet can be 100% tuned in the dyno room.

So, have you guys tried out the needle setting under load, yet? Best just to do what is listed so far?

-48 Pilot

-170 Main

-Needle in stock position

-1-1/2 turns out on fuel mixture screw

Sound good? We're in Ohio and it is pretty cold right now and we're indoors, but this should be a good base setting? Need to make a trip to the dealership if so...

Done any FMF pipe testing for the bike, yet?

I gotta ask... Are you sure the red is the yamaha and the blue is the honda? I'm thinking that the colors picked on the graph would represent the color of the respective brand.

I either case, both bikes have more power than 99% of us need.

yes,im positive.the dyno program doesnt care what color the bike is.

So, any thoughts on my question?

i havent heard of any issues with the needle yet.

the listed set up should be a safe bet.

You guys get into any pipes, yet?

not as of yet.

yes,im positive.the dyno program doesnt care what color the bike is.
A machine with no feelings? I used to believe that before I became a professional mechanic all those years ago. Now, I'm not always sure....

burned, I'm running the 48 pilot, 170 main at sea level in 15-40 degree weather, works very well but having the same problem as before with the hesitation between 1/4-3/8 throttle when rolled really slow. I dropped the clip on the needle(raising the needle) as you said, tested it, it was better but now it seems to be back, should I go to the next clip down? or the other way?

where is the fuel screw set?

right now its at 1.5 turns, had it at 2, 2.25, 2.5. never really seemed any better any where, just caused more issues with stall when opening the throttle quickly.