HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
knowlimits

Valve shims needed - overseas (way overseas)

7 posts in this topic

Hey all you helpful TTers-

Checked my valves and needed shims :p

Went on vacation (1 every 6 mos) :applause:

Got shims :ride:

Returned to hell, I mean Saudi Arabia :p

Found that dealer sold me 7mm shims

Said bad words :p:lol:

Here is the issue-I am in Saudi Arabia working, riding (or WAS riding) a 05 WR450. Suffice to say dealer support is nonexistent, and now I can't put it back together now without 2 1.80mm valve shims. Would anyone here know where to order these from to be shipped overseas, oe even better, have 2 of these things they would be willing to send here? I use PayPal and wil happily pay for the shims, postage and trouble to get them here? They could be sent in a regular envelope for app. $2... Or alternatively know of a online seller of individual shims?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

Alan Chesnutt

Hey all you helpful TTers-

Checked my valves and needed shims :p

Went on vacation (1 every 6 mos) :applause:

Got shims :ride:

Returned to hell, I mean Saudi Arabia :p

Found that dealer sold me 7mm shims

Said bad words :p:lol:

Here is the issue-I am in Saudi Arabia working, riding (or WAS riding) a 05 WR450. Suffice to say dealer support is nonexistent, and now I can't put it back together now without 2 1.80mm valve shims. Would anyone here know where to order these from to be shipped overseas, oe even better, have 2 of these things they would be willing to send here? I use PayPal and wil happily pay for the shims, postage and trouble to get them here? They could be sent in a regular envelope for app. $2... Or alternatively know of a online seller of individual shims?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

Alan Chesnutt

Hey Alan

What are you doing out in Saudi Arabia? I ordered a set for you. Just send me your address of where to send them and I will send them out as soon as the parts come in.

Hey Tooo Faar-

Thanks for going to the trouble of ordering the shims. Unfortunately I had already responded to CRFThumper's PM about the shims and he is sending a pair to me. Is there any way you can cancel your order? If you have to pay any restock I will pay you back for the trouble.

I really appreciate everyone helping out with this. I never thought it would happen that I got help TOO fast. You guys are great.

Alan Chesnutt

oh, I'm in Saudi Arabia teaching our 'allies' to fly. You know, the same 'allies' that flew planes into the WTC. Makes you wonder sometimes...

Hey Alan

What are you doing out in Saudi Arabia? I ordered a set for you. Just send me your address of where to send them and I will send them out as soon as the parts come in.

Just get a digital caliper and make your shims the right size. Get a few and you could file them down.

alternatively, hotcams has a shim kit - i don't know what you would do with so many shims, but you would definately get what you need.

Alan Chesnutt

oh, I'm in Saudi Arabia teaching our 'allies' to fly. You know, the same 'allies' that flew planes into the WTC. Makes you wonder sometimes...

Be safe brutha.

Say, as far as our 'allies' are concerened can you teach them to 'solo' into the ground? Tell them if they go fast enough you pop right out in Kansas.

Looks like Iran is on the agenda. :applause:

Be safe brutha.

Say, as far as our 'allies' are concerened can you teach them to 'solo' into the ground? Tell them if they go fast enough you pop right out in Kansas.

Looks like Iran is on the agenda. :ride:

They seem to do the 'solo into the ground' part just fine on their own. Only problem is, they punch out and let the plane ghost ride into the desert, runway or apartment buildings, depending on which way it's pointed when they pull the handles. Or they lock up and pray all the way to the ground, my personal favorite. God didn't get you into this mess, he probably isn't going to help you get out of it. Weird people.

Thanks again to everyone who responded about this. I got a ton of PMs and the shims are on the way. TTers are a great community! :applause:

Alan