Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sjwr450

Holy crap is the 06 450 fast compared to my 05.

11 posts in this topic

Rode Clearcreak on my 05 Sunday and Hollister today on the 06. Man is the 06 nice. Super fast, perfect gearing.

Changed the pilot to a 48, no popping. Added TipTy fuel screw and changed the oil. Taking to Jawbone this weekend.

I like it. Handles awesome.

Enjoy dude ...

As my 05YZ450 is just 5 months old I will just put this on the wish list for a while but I am glad you are having fun...

no it was really nice. Some frozen parts. Fell on some mud/ice. But the dirt was good after it thawed.

Congrats you lucky one.

How heavy does the new 450 feel, has it come much closer to the feel of your 250?

I think it feel really good. Turns way easier then the 05. It may stick a little better then the 250. I have not set the sag yet, so I can't give a totally accurate comparision. I will set it this weekend.

Enjoy dude ...

As my 05YZ450 is just 5 months old I will just put this on the wish list for a while but I am glad you are having fun...

Hey man, come on! If you live in the UAE you have to have at least 5 '06's AND your own personal 18 wheeler to haul them to the practice track. :applause:

Hey man, come on! If you live in the UAE you have to have at least 5 '06's AND your own personal 18 wheeler to haul them to the practice track. :p

06s are not in here yet :p

I am just a humble teacher.. The locals could afford the 5 06s etc. but for some reason most of them seem to prefer quads... :ride::applause:

I thought they didn't change the engine much??

The `06 450 engine is all new, the 250F motor is the same as the `05 motor.