pro circuit vs. fmf

my parents are getting a pipe for Christmas. i'm leaning toward the pro circuit platinum pipe right now. i have also been looking at the fmf fatty. has any one have any experience with these pipes? i have a 2004 200exc. i'm looking for a broader powerband. i mostly want more bottom end, but i dont want to kill the top. i've heard the gnarly pipe kills top end power, so i dont think it would be what i'm looking for.

i like the new 2 stroke forums. :applause:

Tommy

Just to make things even more confusing. Every race bike that our local dealership builds has a Doma pipe on it.

After speaking with the mechanic regarding that issue, he confirmed...........The Doma is the way to go.

I have a Doma on mine. Now that it's jetted correctly, it revs to the moon! It hits hard in the midrange, like loft the tire kind of hard, and pulls cleanly all the way to the top! :applause:

Just to make things even more confusing. Every race bike that our local dealership builds has a Doma pipe on it.

After speaking with the mechanic regarding that issue, he confirmed...........The Doma is the way to go.

I have a Doma on mine. Now that it's jetted correctly, it revs to the moon! It hits hard in the midrange, like loft the tire kind of hard, and pulls cleanly all the way to the top! :applause:

Yep, he is right, only 300's with the doma pipe run good. The rest are crap.

? That extra pipe I got!?

It's an FMF Gnarly! :applause:

And again these guys are right! It makes the midrange hit even harder than the Doma! ?

I feel the love! ? Being right all the time can really suck! :ride:

Zeke, we're gonna have to switch bikes. Tell me if I'm wrong. Please! Tell me I'm wrong even if I'm right! ?

thanks for all of the replies. has anyone had a problem with the fatty or pc pipe getting dinged up in the woods, or does it stick too far out so that it would be easy to smash? someone on ktmtalk said that the fatty is easy to ding up. i'm just wondering if anyone else has this problem.

Tommy

When I got my bike it had a FMF Gnarly pipe and a FMF Shorty silencer. It does go pretty flat above the mid range. Do yall think getting a longer silencer would help of should I just go ahead and get a different pipe? I'd like to keep as much bottom end as possible, but get some more top end.

Doesn't doma make the stock pipe for the KTM? They may make some more specific pipes for your needs but I belive this is true.

dome does not make the stock exaust for the ktm 2 strokes. i think a couple years ago they did, but the 05/06 modles come with a ktm exaust. a friend told me that ktm copied the doma design. my local shop told me that doma exaust would help my bike the most, and i could feel a decent increase in the top end. :applause:

from my experience, pro circuit and fmf are great companys, but that only applies to the jap bikes (suzuki, kawi, yami, honda) but they make a poor exaust for the katooms

dome does not make the stock exaust for the ktm 2 strokes. i think a couple years ago they did, but the 05/06 modles come with a ktm exaust. a friend told me that ktm copied the doma design. my local shop told me that doma exaust would help my bike the most, and i could feel a decent increase in the top end. :applause:

from my experience, pro circuit and fmf are great companys, but that only applies to the jap bikes (suzuki, kawi, yami, honda) but they make a poor exaust for the katooms

You dont know what your talkin about....