HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thumperstu

WR426 lights

9 posts in this topic

have currently got my yz setup with wr stator and full light kit, indicators and all.

everything was working and now its not!!

Bike runs fine, got power from the stator but non of the auxillaries work, is this due to the regulator/rectifier???

Any advice please

Do you have a voltage regulator in the system? Without it you will blow all the bulbs. The regulators job is to blead off excess voltage to ground. Without it the stator puts too much power to the bulbs and blows them.

think so, i have the full wr loom on the yz.Yep i do thats the silver thing with cooling things on right???

If this is faulty how can i check it???

Does the system run a rectifier too as theres a small black cylinder in the loom behind the headlight think its a black and red wires to it?

It's running the full yamaha wiring loom which i dont appear to be able to find any diagrams of.

think so, i have the full wr loom on the yz.Yep i do thats the silver thing with cooling things on right???

If this is faulty how can i check it???

Does the system run a rectifier too as theres a small black cylinder in the loom behind the headlight think its a black and red wires to it?

It's running the full yamaha wiring loom which i dont appear to be able to find any diagrams of.

Yep little silver thing about 1" x 1" square.

Hows your ground? Maybe something isn't grounded right. That would possibly cause it to blow bulbs. Are the bulbs blown or just not working? If they are all blown I would look at that voltage regulator.

changed regulator still the same had a mess checking feeds and continuity everything seems fine

something happened and all worked then slowly all went dim then off and back to nothing again!

What is the small diode in the main loom for and how do i check that correctly as i had a mess about and wondered if that held a charge which i discharged and thats why they came on

checked readings against my mates wr250, and noticed on tickover i only get 8/10 v he had 20v, i have only just fitted this stator and have done the dualsport mod, so i checked my 2nd output 0v!!, whipped flywheel of and discovered pink wire had worn trough and had been shorting out on the flywheel!!! hpfully thats the problem sorted wont get chance to try it now till tomorrow.

You need a better rectifier. When I added signals,brake light and horn I couldn't use the stock one on my WR.

Get one off a street bike at your local bone yard.