Ready Air Filters

when you open a Ready Filter there is a picture of a giant gas can with a giant X through it so you know you cannot wash in gas. You can use the Ready Filters multiple times as long as you follow instructions and do not use gas to clean, read above.... simple green or a mild detergent cleans very well. Gas is a lazy mans method that is VERY BAD for ALL FILTERS.

The Air Filters are a great product and so are the oil filters.

Look bubba, I won't use anymore Ready Filters. I did not see any red X's when I opened the package. My motor is worth more than a $10 air filter to protect it anyway. I have been using gas to clean air filters for 15 years, and if a filter won't hold up to the way I do things, I won't buy it! Enough said, Ready Filters are crap in my opinion. Why don't you contribute something to this board before you bash me because I have an opinion.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Message boards are a great place to share knowledge, ideas and give reviews on products. It is a great place for manufacturers to see what is going on in the public eye as well. But is it fair for somebody to spread information about a product or have a bad vibe on a product after they didn't follow instructions and then to call it junk?

That would be like buying a helmet, going riding and not strapping it on and crashing. Then, coming on a message board and saying the helmet did not do its job and it is junk becasue it flew off.

defending your product when somebody opely admits to not following instructions is not spamming, heck I even stated that "Gas is a lazy mans method that is VERY BAD for ALL FILTERS" No foam should be cleaned with gas, even if washed with soap and water right afterwards.

Don't forget that message boards are a great place to advertise your product free of charge. Ready Filters :applause: .

Look bubba, I won't use anymore Ready Filters. I did not see any red X's when I opened the package. My motor is worth more than a $10 air filter to protect it anyway. I have been using gas to clean air filters for 15 years, and if a filter won't hold up to the way I do things, I won't buy it! Enough said, Ready Filters are crap in my opinion. Why don't you contribute something to this board before you bash me because I have an opinion.

Just so you know, everytime you wash your "other" filters in gas you are risking a chance of passing dirt through. It is not reccomended by ANY filter company to use gas. It deteriorates the foam. Your opinion is fine and a valid and your absolutely right, the Ready Filter will not hold up to washing in gas! It says so right on the package! big X.

But don't trash a product when you try to wash it in something Ready Racing tells customers not to wash it in. That would be like running straight gas in a 2 stroke- you just can't do it. and RR tells you straight up you can't.

All filters out there are good products, Ready Filter takes a different approach to filter maintenance. If you don't like it thats is fine, but don't trash it after doing the ONE thing they tell customers not to do right on the package. :applause:

Don't forget that message boards are a great place to advertise your product free of charge. Ready Filters :bonk: .

or a great place to share a jaded opinion on something after not following simple directions. :applause:

is any company just supposed to sit back and watch while somebody bashes there product in a public forum after doing the one thing they tell everybody not to do? I don't think so. there is no advertising, no telling where to get the product, no sales pitches, no spamming.... just setting the record straight.

Ready Filters are freekin' great!

The Ready's are super well oiled and the crappy gloves are perfect for getting the skanky filter out and into the trash before putting in the new one.

RF's are a great value (IMO) and work great too.

I used NoToil for a couple years. Some aspects of NT I wasn't happy with.

It's interesting to me that what "Regis188" said was considered spam....

So if some guy in Yamahas R&D or something was in here reading and keeping tabs on "his" product, what riders are having problems with, or what riders are looking for and that Yamaha guy responds is that spam? I doubt it. I bet all the YZF riders would be stoked to have someone listening and contributing.

There is nothing in "regis188" first reply that anyone should read into as being spam.

Regis188 - you can't keep everyone happy and by the looks of it most people ARE happy with RF's!