HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XR4DEZ

650R skidplate

7 posts in this topic

Does your skidplate allow you to take off your mag cover for a valve adjustment, if so what brand do you have? My Moose plate has to be removed to take off the mag cover and that's too big a pain.Thanx

You don't need to take off the mag cover for a valve adjustment- just the allen-head plug. You can see the F and T marks perfectly with a flashlight. In fact, when you get it close, you can use a semi-sharp flat-blade screwdriver in the "T" line to turn the motor just a bit to get it right on the T mark.

Yeah I've done it that way before too, but just find it easier when working alone to pop off the cover.Do you have a trick to line up the T and kick it at the same time? thanx

Does your skidplate allow you to take off your mag cover for a valve adjustment, if so what brand do you have? My Moose plate has to be removed to take off the mag cover and that's too big a pain.Thanx

Yes, White Brudderz.

You must have the clamp on skid plate. I have the same setup. Loosen up your clamps and you should be able to remove the cover. It's tight but can be done. I like to pull the cover off as it makes it easier to see.