Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fourstroker

Do I need to change anything else?

3 posts in this topic

I own a '01 WR426 (god I love it) and I have already performed the grey wire modification, the throttle stop modification, uncorked the muffler (plug) and have removed the airbox cover.

I live in the midwest (Illinois), do I have to change anything else since removing the airbox cover and muffler plug?

Thanks for the information,

Mark

[This message has been edited by fourstroker (edited August 30, 2001).]

If it runs the way you like it...no.

There are a couple things you may want to look into, like gearing and a good set of tires.

Here are some other thoughts. If the bike does not turn well, lower the forks 10mm. If that does not work to your satisfaction and you have 739 tires, replace them. If the bike still does not turn well enough for you, consider a YZ style seat and tank.

You also might be able to get a little more power, by jetting for your increased intake flow and decreased exhaust back pressure.

Bill

------------------

99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards , Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, EKP #4, 50PJ, 175MJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!