Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fizz

yellow plastic on yz426f ...

26 posts in this topic

i really like the yamaha competition colors, but cant afford a SE bike (dont even now if they'll show up in Sweden?) so i thought i'd buy the ONE Hurricane kit ... i do need some new plastics and graphics ....

does anybody have any pics of a 426 with the kit on?

That shows graphics for the 450...

He needs a pic of the 426 kit...

He has a point.. The 426 graphics are different than the 450's... Here's what mine used to look like before I started the 450 conversion

yamaha-yz400f-99-bikepics-373421.jpg

yamaha-yz400f-99-bikepics-373456.jpg

...yes i know the engine is dirty :applause:

OMG!! That's hideous. :ride: Those tires look like Playdough! Why?Why?

i liked them, and it was original :applause:

Tank is stock blue, the graphics cover most of the blue, but you can still see some of it in person. I sold all that stuff on ebay though.

He has a point.. The 426 graphics are different than the 450's... Here's what mine used to look like before I started the 450 conversion

yamaha-yz400f-99-bikepics-373421.jpg

yamaha-yz400f-99-bikepics-373456.jpg

...yes i know the engine is dirty :applause:

How you like that GYT-R pipe? I've only got the jug, left the head and mid and it added some nice low end grunt and a punch in the middle.

Downside is its LOUUUD AS HELL!!! :ride::p:p

Yes I love it.. I consider the loudness to be a plus cause it sounds great when you really get on the throttle :applause:

Definitely noticed a power increase, nothing too too drastic, but I was soon accidentally pulling wheelies without knowing.. Made shifting gears in a wheelie a lot easier to keep the front end up :ride:

You should really read the sound advice article in the new Dirt Rider issue. Not trying to flame or anything, but you should read it.

I know about all the sound issues, but where I ride, there aren't really rangers around that could get you into trouble for being too loud. Not once have I seen one on the trails we ride, nor have I had anyone complain about sound related issues.

XriderR00- Hate to have to ask another question about your bike, but did u powdercoat the frame black? I'm liking this hurricane kit, a lot cheaper than getting an SE.

i really like the yamaha competition colors, but cant afford a SE bike (dont even now if they'll show up in Sweden?) so i thought i'd buy the ONE Hurricane kit ... i do need some new plastics and graphics ....

does anybody have any pics of a 426 with the kit on?

Yes I do...

I did the "Hurricane" project this summer.

This is what my bike looked like before...

My426.jpg

After...

DSC00081.jpg

DSC00087.jpg

DSC00092.jpg

The outfit I bought my One Industries kit from is MX South.

I highly recomend them. They were the best aftermarket supply house I've delt with EVER :p

MX South

I do recomend getting a yellow tank from Clarke. It is almost a perfect fit (had to make a few mods to the stock yamaha tank mount brackets in order to get them to fit on the Clarke tank). When your finished putting the graphics on the tank you'll love the "All Yellow" tank rather then the blue tank covered with yellow graphics. :ride:

Let me know if I can help in any way. :applause:

Boyd

XriderR00- Hate to have to ask another question about your bike, but did u powdercoat the frame black? I'm liking this hurricane kit, a lot cheaper than getting an SE.

I used a three part poly-urathyne paint.

It's tough as nails. :applause:

Project7.jpg

Project6.jpg

DSC00080.jpg

Boyd

b-bike <- thanks for the info!

i thought the yellow decals on the blue tank would look a bit odd, but how close do one have to get to notice it?

XriderR00 <- thanks for the pics!

what did you do to the frame? any closer pics of the tank?

I used PJ1 -Frame paint, and just took off the rads, tank, seat, etc so I could get to all the parts of the frame. The paint rubs off easily though, so you can either get some frame gaurds, or put a clear covering over the rails of the frame. I used a carbon fiber sheet :applause: