HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thumperstu

WR stator onYZ

5 posts in this topic

i have done the searches and got the info, but on the pdf file from electrexusa im creating a 2nd lighting feed so the stator can wire up to the dakar kit i dont need this can i just snip the pink wire and put the cdi/plug end to ground as per the sheet and leave the windings as they are???

When I installed mine I believe it was the pink wire to ground. I was a bit worried when the instructions said to ground that wire, but after speaking to them on the phone, they confirmed it was right. You could always shoot them an email if your still not comfortable with it... they are pretty good at replying to the emails.

Bear in mind, this works only up to and including the 426. Nothing forward of the shifter on the left side of the two 450's will interchange.