How do you keep the mud flap from getting torn off? xr5650r

Using the Terraflex 140 rear...it's HUGE!

Is there a trick to keeping the mud flap attached?

I have stock gearing

No, not that I'm aware of. It's gonna get torn up. You could get a long chain and set the wheel back farther....however a $10 mudflap vs. good handling manners...you weigh the odds.

Use 14/47 gearing and that keeps the tire off the flap but I use a 120 rear tire.

if you're worried more about the mud/dirt on the shock vs. the stock mudflap, pick up a Shock Sock and you'll be covered even if the mudflap rips off :applause:

Supplicate-you know the brand of shockwears that fit our Xr's?

Supplicate-you know the brand of shockwears that fit our Xr's?

no I don't.

I haven't purchased one as of yet, been looking and trying to find the exact one that fits. It was one of those "So someone else is bitching about this problem, here's the solution I thought of." suggestions.

Well I was thinking the best bet would be to buy the ones that fit the Polaris sport quad front shocks. They're larger than most and would probably be the best bet. I tried to get my local guy to order some for me but we couldn't find a good matching size. Cleaning the spring up is a pain in the rear.

Well I was thinking the best bet would be to buy the ones that fit the Polaris sport quad front shocks. They're larger than most and would probably be the best bet.
I may have to take a trip to the local Polaris Dealership, they keep those in stock most of the time and I'm sure he would let me borrow one for a couple hours to check fitment.
Cleaning the spring up is a pain in the rear.

my feelings exactly.

Cool, let us know what you come up with. The fitment problem was always length not width with the covers. The polaris front shocks are very long.

I have black shockwears on both of my XR650R's. I picked them up out of either Parts Unlimited or White Brothers at the local dealer, can't remember which. But they were in the motorcycle section (not the ATV parts area), and were listed as a universal fit for full-sized bikes. Fit perfect on the 650R. Just make sure to face the vent holes forward. :applause:

Thanks guys!

If it gets ripped off...i'm puttin a sock on it :applause: