HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blue450f

Steering Stabilizer..which brand?

11 posts in this topic

Ok. Now that I have my '06 all broken in and ALL the free mods done, it's time for me to purchase a steering stabilizer. I need some input because I have never owned one. I know they work great and seem to be worth the money, but I want to hear from everyone what brand they are using, best price, do's and don'ts, etc.. Thanks!

Blue450f,

I use a scott stabilizer and won't ride without one. I think scotts offers the most tunability. Both low speed and high speed adjustments. (the speed refers to the movement of the handlebars not the speed of the bike). It is what the pro-desert racers use.

:applause:

Do a search on steering dampers, as there is much pre-existing useful info available on this topic.

Can You still use the same dampner somehow without replacing our triple clamps

Yes, Scotts sells a top handlebar clamp that works well. I have one on my 90 YZWR. The only time you have to change top triple clamp is if you want fat bars and can't replace the handlebar perches cause they're cast as part of the triple...

gpr submount. scotts and gpr are both awesome. cant go wrong with either one. i went gpr, one less thing i have to dial in.