HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TeamScream

my first 426F (HELP)

5 posts in this topic

I am new, ill spare you all the "im so happy to be here" crap.

I just got my new 01 426F,The bike will end up as a Super Motard monster (17"rims/tires, lowered suspension etc..) it will be raced regularly, and riden in the canyons while not on the track. I bought the White Brothers tapered head pipe/silencer combo, where do I begin with the jetting and carb mods? I live at sea level in California, most of my racing will be done at or around sea level, the canyon roads where I will be a complete hooligan are also at sea level or there abouts.

I have heard of the "grey" wire but know nothing about it? I know there is a throttle stop somewhere on the carb that needs to be whacked but beyond that I dont have a clue where to begin.

Please dont be mad or think less of me for taking this precious "motocross" artwork and doing the Motard thing to it......I cant help it if the best bike for the job happens to be the 426F heheheh....please help me.

Thanks!

Dauv

Use the search function and you'll get the answers you need. I think there are even a few people that have used their bikes for motard racing.

Mark

TeamScream,

You may be asking questions that have been answered over and over. You should always search prior to asking. Try "01 jetting" as search criteria.

Most newbie thumper owners have similar questions and most, if not all, have been addressed, debated, fine tuned and posted before.

I have the same pipe header and my jetting is listed in my signature. Here ya go......

Welcome

Bill

------------------

99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards , Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, EKP #4, 50PJ, 175MJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!