Header Pipe

I dented up my header pipe real bad on my 04wr450f. I thought since everyone puts on new exhaust systems ebay and/or the classified section on this sight would be filled with my part. This is not the case, so, does anyone have the header pipe for sale on a 03 - 05 wr450f or 03 - 05 yz450f.

Look for the header pipe off of a Yzf450, they are much cheaper.I had the same problem with my header pipe. Turns out the Yzf450 (quad) has the exact same bend and its not made of Ti. The only thing diff about it is the guard. It's a little shorter. I've been punishing mine for about a year now. Good luck with getting your fixed. Steve

Look for the header pipe off of a Yzf450, they are much cheaper.I had the same problem with my header pipe. Turns out the Yzf450 (quad) has the exact same bend and its not made of Ti. The only thing diff about it is the guard. It's a little shorter. I've been punishing mine for about a year now. Good luck with getting your fixed. Steve

now THAT is an intersting tidbit.

I dented up my header pipe real bad on my 04wr450f. I thought since everyone puts on new exhaust systems ebay and/or the classified section on this sight would be filled with my part. This is not the case, so, does anyone have the header pipe for sale on a 03 - 05 wr450f or 03 - 05 yz450f.

i have ti header and it was hard dented.

i use the freezing method and you can see the results on "MY GARAGE".

i had to freeze it for more then 20 cycles, i assume it because titanium is more elastic then steel and i had a big dent in the pipe.

from cycle to cycle you barley can see the change, but it works!!! :applause:

I plugged one end the fitted by compressor hose to the other end.Heated it till the dent was red hot then gave it some air the the dent popped out let it cool for a minute than did again .I took a few goes now it's hard to find the dent.Mine was completely crushed in.I did not believe this was possible to repair .

indy told me to go with ss and i haven't had any problems since. I went through 3 myself also. I bought a yamaha accesories header out of the delaer book for $125.

I know of at least 5 other WR's that experienced the same issues with the Ti header. Thanks for confirming your experience. :applause:

indy told me to go with ss and i haven't had any problems since. I went through 3 myself also. I bought a yamaha accesories header out of the delaer book for $125.

I think a stock yzf450 stainless header costs about that much from the dealer too. I dont know what a "yamaha accessories header" is though. Maybe it's better, for about the same price.