Chain Breaker!!

Hey guys I'm curious if you use a chain breaker to remove the chain can the same chain and link be used to put it back together? Never had a one piece chain before... :applause:

Grinder and extra master links!

youll need a master link bud.

so after you break the chain you have to use a master link you cant press it back together into a one piece chain again?

Grinder and extra master links!

The best no doubt...Use a Dremel tool or buy a grinder bit for your drill and go to town on those pins. :applause:

so after you break the chain you have to use a master link you cant press it back together into a one piece chain again?

With the right chain tool and a staked link you can make it just like it was stock

RK makes a good riveting tool that sells for about 60 bucks.I found one at a local dealer, works great. I use a grinder to break the chain.

so basically a staked link which I can get at a shop? I figured I could grind out links like I used to on my cr125 when it would stretch chains (cheap ones) every ride. Grind off the pins, press in staked link with chain press...correct?

You press the link together than stake it to keep it from coming apart,lots of the high end chains come with a stake link, should be able to buy just the link also

Thanks for the info guys!!!