Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wyatt

450's made it to TX....just picked mine up!!

44 posts in this topic

Yep, my dealer got 1 blue bike (mine) and is set to get a yellow bike in December (my brothers). He said he gets 2 more blue ones but they will prob not be there until march.

Yep, my dealer got 1 blue bike (mine) and is set to get a yellow bike in December (my brothers). He said he gets 2 more blue ones but they will prob not be there until march.

Do you have a pile of parts to put on it yet? :applause:

Whoah yeah. The Yami dealer in Waco just got one in. I sat on it and since it was one of our mechanics, I got to start it up and help out with the break in a little :p . Outstanding is the only word I can use for it. I took it over a little enbunkment (i think that's how you spell it) and launched about 35 feet and landed downhill. Even with factory settings and OEM sag , it felt awesome. The 5-speed felt quite a bit like my 426. Congratulations buddy. I'll get mine sooner or later. :applause::ride:

This was from a dealership in Huntsville, TX. It is probably about 80 miles north of Houston.

I hope to ride this weekend. I got the bike in the crate, so I will be getting it out tommorow and stripping it down. I will do a full once over and grease all the bearings before I take it out. Plus, I have a small pile of parts/tires/what-nots that will go on the bike.

This was from a dealership in Huntsville, TX. It is probably about 80 miles north of Houston.

I hope to ride this weekend. I got the bike in the crate, so I will be getting it out tommorow and stripping it down. I will do a full once over and grease all the bearings before I take it out. Plus, I have a small pile of parts/tires/what-nots that will go on the bike.

Why in the crate? No dealer assembly=lower cost?

Because if you do it yourself you know it's done right. You never know what monkey at the dealer assembles the bikes and they never grease anything or set up the bike the way you like it. As far as lower cost goes, yea it should be cheaper, but it's not, or at least I've never heard of anyone getting a better deal for it.

Central Texas Powersports in Georgetown, Tx. It's just outside of Austin. They got only one in though.

Central Texas Powersports in Georgetown, Tx. It's just outside of Austin. They got only one in though.

:applause::ride::p:p

I wonder when mine will get there...probably a couple more weeks or whatever

:lol:

I bet any day now Reyndogg. Dealer told me there was several 450's on the truck, and that he was hitting dealerships along his route, so maybe yours is there to.

Because if you do it yourself you know it's done right. You never know what monkey at the dealer assembles the bikes and they never grease anything or set up the bike the way you like it.

Precisely my thoughts too. I don't like anyone to overtight my bolts or leave them loose, I just can't sleep well if I haven't checked everything, so why not do it yourself from the beginning :ride::applause:

I bet any day now Reyndogg. Dealer told me there was several 450's on the truck, and that he was hitting dealerships along his route, so maybe yours is there to.

I hope so... i think you're the person that was ahead of me on their list :applause:

The wait is like being a kid trying to fall asleep on Christmas eve - for the last few months :ride::p

My Yamaha dealer let me buy 2-3 YZ 250's in the crate, as I like to assemble them myself. Additionally, I'm going to take it all apart anyways to grease etc. Then they got a stern warning from Yamaha (probably due to lawsuits) that no bike can leave the dealer unbuilt. So, i was able to sit in (if you will) while the setup guy put on the bars and front wheel. As long as I don't have to pay a setup fee I'm happy. Anybody worth his/her salt is going to go through the bike before riding it anyways!

I hope you didn't pay the $8100 those lunkheads quoted me..