HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kcander

tire suggestion? '98 400, used mostly for trails...

4 posts in this topic

I've needed a new back knobby on my 400 for some time now, just haven't gotten around to buying one. Not really sure what I should get. Seen plenty of suggestions for racing and whatnot, but I pretty much just ride trails and hit the sand dunes once or twice a year. This is my first dirtbike in many many years so I'm a little out of the game as far as info on tires goes. Anybody got a good suggestion for a rear tire for me? I'd much rather have more mileage than performance, I don't need the top-of-the-line stuff. :ride::applause:

For the rear tire:

Maxxis IT

Lasts a long time, and has very good performance in just about anything.

For the front:

Dunlop 756. Some claim it doesn't last as long as the Dunlop 952, but I've had great success on trails (mainly hardpack and occasional mud) also works great on a MX track.

I've used this combo for awhile from the recommendations of other's on this site, and I really like it.

Maxxis IT, alright then thanks for the recommendation, I'll probably go ahead and go with that. My front tire was replaced right before I bought the bike, so that'll be good for a while, but that rear is shredded.