HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dbailey223

Suspension

6 posts in this topic

Other than the owner's manual, is there a good site or thread about tuning the 03 WR 450's suspension?

I am 6'4" 220 lbs, so it's about time I actually set the bike up for me! I'm not interested in buying parts, etc. other than springs if I can get away with that. I don't ride all the time (unfortunately), I don't jump, etc. Mainly ride single track and Nevada desert, but not the Vegas to Reno run!

I have a 05 wr450 just put a new rear spring ( go to race tech web site )

I used a #6.0 set the sag allother settings in factory standard position.worked

fantastic now just need to tweak it.

I'm 6'3" 270#s can't belive the diff. Race Tech has charts that you fill in the blanks and it will show you what is stock and what you need probably a5.8.

good luck :applause:

Thanks for the info. I went to the website, and it says recommended is 5.68 kg/mm. Then, they list what they have available as 5.6 or 5.8. So, being almost right in the middle, do I opt for lower or higher?

Racetech suggested a 6.2 for me (6'4" - 265) and I got a 6.4. If anything, I would guess it is slightly on the soft side, but I like it. I have heard Racetech's calculator rates things a bit soft anyway.