HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jim_bo

06 YZ450 Prices in CA

31 posts in this topic

Jim Bo

I believe he worked his deal, without tax and license.....just like a Canadian Bike deal.............

When and or if he registers.......he will have to pay tax............

Jim Bo

I believe he worked his deal, without tax and license.....just like a Canadian Bike deal.............

When and or if he registers.......he will have to pay tax............

He said OTD.... maybe that was in addition to a $900 trade-in.

Does LA Yamaha even have them? Nothing listed on their site.

This is the place he said he got it for $6399.

Kolbe Cycle Sales

22123 Ventura Blvd, Woodland Hills, CA

(818) 348-7865

L

Does LA Yamaha even have them? Nothing listed on their site.

This is the place he said he got it for $6399.

Kolbe Cycle Sales

22123 Ventura Blvd, Woodland Hills, CA

(818) 348-7865

L

Nope............. :applause:

Bert's in Covina went $100 (each) better than LA when my buddy and I bought a pair of WR250's last Christmas.

you ever deal with greg at the honda shop?

Greg doesn't have any in yet. I like to find my best deal and present it to him. If he will match it, I'll buy from him.

Jimbo

Greg doesn't have any in yet. I like to find my best deal and present it to him. If he will match it, I'll buy from him.

Jimbo

has he been prtty good as far as matching prices for you?

He did on one bike. He is kinda quirky to deal with. You have to be patient with his lack of customer service skills.

He did on one bike. He is kinda quirky to deal with. You have to be patient with his lack of customer service skills.

ya its kind of funny how he doesnt even have a salesperson but when youre the only game in town..... :applause:

Yeaaa Jimbo, GO BLUE DUDE!!!!

So the YZ is the winner of the blue/orange contest? You couldn't go wrong in that group, the YZ is just a little narrower in focus vs. the 450XCs wider range.

Greg has been pretty good to me as long as I didn't act like I was in a rush to get a bike. On my 02 YZ he was within $100 of the best price I found out of town.

Those orange things are overrated!!!

Yeaaa Jimbo, GO BLUE DUDE!!!!

So the YZ is the winner of the blue/orange contest? You couldn't go wrong in that group, the YZ is just a little narrower in focus vs. the 450XCs wider range.

Greg has been pretty good to me as long as I didn't act like I was in a rush to get a bike. On my 02 YZ he was within $100 of the best price I found out of town.

Those orange things are overrated!!!

I don't disagree that the orange things are overrated... but there is no clear winner right now. I am still bouncing between the XC, the YZ and the WR. Each bike is a great bike having its own pros and cons. Apparently the only cons the YZ has is high cost (at least until they have been on the market for a while), no e-start and a red sticker.

International Motorcycle Brokers are advertising that they can deliver an 06 YZ450 for $6199. Add tax and registration and that comes to about $6700. I wonder if Greg can get within $100 of that?

Sloow... don't think I don't know that you only want me to get the YZ because you want to ride it!!

Jimbo

Apparently the only cons the YZ has is high cost (at least until they have been on the market for a while), no e-start and a red sticker.

Sloow... don't think I don't know that you only want me to get the YZ because you want to ride it!!

Jimbo

You got that right!!!

My concern with the YZ is gotta be its moto only focus. Its gonna be stiff and extremely responsive, as needed for racing. And gearing is a trailriding compromise with the close ratio 5 speed. It can have a good top speed, or a good crawler gear, but not both.

You got that right!!!

My concern with the YZ is gotta be its moto only focus. Its gonna be stiff and extremely responsive, as needed for racing. And gearing is a trailriding compromise with the close ratio 5 speed. It can have a good top speed, or a good crawler gear, but not both.

It's got the top speed. Gear ratios:

2005:

1st Gear 27/14 (1.929)

2nd Gear 25/16 (1.563)

3rd Gear 23/18 (1.278)

4th Gear 21/20 (1.050)

2006:

1st 1.929

2nd 1.533

3rd 1.278

4th 1.091

5th 0.952

The real difference is in 4th and 5th.

Wow... I am surprised to see that. I was under the impression that the gearing was going to be nearly the same as the 05 with a low first gear added. Apparently, first gear is the same. Hhhhmmmm.....