HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EastBayThumper

Crashed at Sand Hill

12 posts in this topic

Well.. from the showroom to hell and back.. My bike got ****ED-UP today.

I was climbing the 2nd hill on the MX track and started slipping off the bike.. Rolled on too much throttle and the bike took off into the wall on the side of the hill... MY SUB FRAME IS SUPER BENT.. the exaust pipe was dead center over the rear tire... My rear fender and airbox also took some damage. I'm not really sure if I will need to replace my exaust yet..

The ThumperTalk store, which I have a membership with ONLY has parts for 04 YZ450F but NOT the 05???? Wouldn't the subframe and airbox case be the same for both years?

I live in Livermore and I was contemplating riding there today instead I rode Club Moto today on my 06, or I would have probably crashed too. I heard Sand Hills new track is not that good?? Whats your take? Sorry to hear about the crash

The track isn't bad... It seemed really rough though.. I haven't been on a track for about 6 months so I was a little rusty myself. Was it worth the $20 today? Yeah I had a good ****in time... I would have rather have done some trail riding to get used to my bike though. Here is a pic of my poor subframe.. and my bike, which before today looked brand new..

yz450f3.gif:p

yz450f1.gif:ride:

yz450f2.gif:applause:

The '05 sub frame has a different part number than the '04, but I believe they are interchangeable.

Why can't the TT store get parts for the 04 models? I thought they could get all the OEM stuff?

What makes you think you can't buy 05 or 06 parts from Harry at OEM TT. If his microfish does not include the model year your looking for give him a call or send them an email detailing the part you need. I buy lots of parts from Harry for all our bikes except the KTM. He does take pretty good care of us. Give him a call tell him Joe from NY with the YZ's and KLX110. He'll hook you up! :thumbsup:

But I do agree it would be nice if they could update there fische to include all current model years. That was probably their intent but is busy servicing the mx community. :thumbsup:

What makes you think you can't buy 05 or 06 parts from Harry at OEM TT. If his microfish does not include the model year your looking for give him a call or send them an email detailing the part you need. I buy lots of parts from Harry for all our bikes except the KTM. He does take pretty good care of us. Give him a call tell him Joe from NY with the YZ's and KLX110. He'll hook you up! :thumbsup:

But I do agree it would be nice if they could update there fische to include all current model years. That was probably their intent but is busy servicing the mx community. :thumbsup:

I figured they could get all the parts from all the years but I didn't know.

HELLO dont waste all your money on a brand new subframe and stuff unless your a high dollar factry rider. I would buy a used one on Ebay or somewhere.