Revloc Clutch?

I know some people here tried the Rekluse and had good luck but I had nothing but problems with mine. You name it, I tried it with that product and it left me stranded twice. I'm thinking about trying a Revloc auto clutch and was wondering if anyone has put one on their Yamaha yet. I rode a KTM with one the other day and the guy that owns the bike has not had a single issue with the clutch. No adjustment after one year and it he rides every weekend. Down side? Price. Just checking for opinions.

Thanks

I know some people here tried the Rekluse and had good luck but I had nothing but problems with mine. You name it, I tried it with that product and it left me stranded twice. I'm thinking about trying a Revloc auto clutch and was wondering if anyone has put one on their Yamaha yet. I rode a KTM with one the other day and the guy that owns the bike has not had a single issue with the clutch. No adjustment after one year and it he rides every weekend. Down side? Price. Just checking for opinions.

Thanks

I have to agree with Indy on this one. I went more than a year before needing to re-adjust my Rekluse. It's been going strong since March of 2003. Heck, I'm still using the stock clutch plates! :ride:

FWIW, Al Youngwerth designed the Rekluse BECAUSE of multiple failures he had with his Revloc. :applause:

Thanks

what exactly were your problems? if the instructions are followed properly there should be no issues,unless something was defective(and that can happen to anything) i've installed 3 of these(on different bikes) over 2 yrs and no problems :applause:

Thanks

The others are right, you need to call Rekluse and get yours figured out. I have never heard of anybody being dissatisfied with there Rekluse before (until now). I have had no problems out of mine, I ride every weekend possible and its been in there for 2 years now.

I had a mechanic friend of mine install the clutch. He's been working with bikes for a little over 22 years and he called Rekluse when he was installing the clutch to get some advice and any peculiarities. It worked good for awhile and started slipping all of a sudden and smoked my clutch plates bad. We checked the install gap and called Rekluse to check and it was right in the range it should be and even on the tighter side I don't know what happened but maybe I got lemon. I'd be willing to try another one cause I got rid of the one I had. Maybe their better now I don't know. All I know is, it stalled my bike in a really bad rocky place and I got a helicopter ride to the hospital because of it. Maybe when I heal up I'll call and talk to them about another setup. Thanks for your input folks.

:applause:

look, no one item is perfect for everyone. bikes, cars, or clutches. i've got buddies with revlocs that have tons of miles on them with zero problems. they consider a rekluse to be a cheap imitation. (their words not mine) i ran a rekluse for over a year and a half. i sold it. i had no problems with it and service is top notch. it just didn't fit my riding style. we all ride a little different.

one thing of note, the rekluse does not require any parts to be modified. the revloc does. when i pulled my rekluse all i had to do was put the stock stuff back in and i was good to go. not so easy with the revloc.

I'm thinking about trying a Revloc auto clutch and was wondering if anyone has put one on their Yamaha yet.

I put a few hundred miles on a Revloc-equipped WR450 a few months ago. It worked flawlessly, delivered the power perfectly. I didn't miss a manual clutch because the bike never did the stuff (stalled, bogged, etc.) that triggers the reflex to pull that clutch lever.

The bike I was riding had both the handlebar mounted rear break and the foot rear brake. I wasn't too crazy about the handlebar mount. I wouldn't spend my own money on one.

As far as stalling, I never once stalled the bike from brake sliding. I think I had a stall or two because I wicked the throttle open too fast or something, but a couple in a few hundred miles of trail riding isn't bad, and I don't think it had anything to do with the clutch.

If you can afford it, I think you will be happy with the Revloc.