HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dpops211

426?

8 posts in this topic

I have a 2001 KTM 125SX, and im wanting to get a four stroke. A guy wants to trade his 2000 yz426 for mine. I was just wondering if i would be loosing anything buying that old of a bike. My KTM is really in exellent condition and runs perfect. Is there some Pro's and Con's with the 2000 426's? Would i have any problems with the bike as far as breaking down and stuff like that?

I have a 2001 KTM 125SX, and im wanting to get a four stroke. A guy wants to trade his 2000 yz426 for mine. I was just wondering if i would be loosing anything buying that old of a bike. My KTM is really in exellent condition and runs perfect. Is there some Pro's and Con's with the 2000 426's? Would i have any problems with the bike as far as breaking down and stuff like that?

that old of a bike? its a year older than yours...

i think its a good trade because the 426 will probably be worth more than your bike, espeically cause its a 125

Yea, but i just want to know some pro's and con's on the 2000 426's. Like if it would be a reliable bike for me.

Have you taken the 426 out for a spin? Or have you road a similar 4 stroke? I went from a older Cr250 to a 2005 wr450 and their is a big learning curve. I like the bike but it is way differant. I would think going from the sx125 to the wr426 is going to be a shocker. The weight and handling your used to will not apply. But the wr426 would be worth more $$. I would wonder why he is wanting to trade a 426 for a 125 ?????

I have a buddy with a 2002 426 and jetting is always an issue. But it took me sometime to get my jetting right. If the person you are getting it from set it up right and took care of it, it should be good bike. They are kinda hard to start unless you know the drill. I can't tell you what the drill is. But if you search this site you should be able to find something on it. But I think overall the motors are reasonably reliable.

I rode my friends 01 yz426, and my other buddies yz450. I knew what it would be like, and i could easily get used to it. I dont want a WR, so the WR's could be alot different from the yz's.

I could make one suggestion...try asking your question in the YZ forum. :ride: This is a WR forum and although there are similarities between YZ's and WR's, most of the people your asking about YZ's own and ride WR's.

Just a suggestion :applause: