Fly wheel weight

why do this to a bike? i just pulled a 12 oz tip off the yz426 i bought two months ago....she has come back to life....she's got the snap back in her throttle....... yohooooooo!

You're right, it doesn't "rip" as much with the flywheel weight on. It depends on what kind of riding you like to do. Personally I like to ride the High Sierra Mountains on tight single track trails mostly in first gear and the flywheel weight helps the bike lug a lot better. The extra weight also helps on big hillclimbs here in the desert. That's why.

The extra weight also helps on big hillclimbs here in the desert. That's why.

I ride sand dunes. We have a lot here.

Put a paddle tire on and I have been able to smoke everything I have met up the big dunes here..

So a flywheel weight would help on the tall hills by keeping the engine going over when lugging... hmmm would it also help me to keep the front end down? That is the biggest problem with the bike with the paddle on there... :applause:

Yes it would help the front tire to stay down because you're not taking the hill with a wide open throttle and when that back tire hooks up the front end is coming up. With the weight you can still climb the hill but you don't have to rev the engine as much nor use as much throttle. It just "lugs" a lot better.

Yes it would help the front tire to stay down because you're not taking the hill with a wide open throttle and when that back tire hooks up the front end is coming up. With the weight you can still climb the hill but you don't have to rev the engine as much nor use as much throttle. It just "lugs" a lot better.