HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MTRSPORTDAN

how much oil?

6 posts in this topic

I just picked up a 03 wr450 wednesday night and I don't have a manual. Does anyone have that can tell me what it says. How much with filter and how much with out? Also I know someone was saying something about the filter, that the 426 filter is better to use? Thanks in advance, Dan

It's just under 1 quart when you change the oil only and just over a quart when you change the filter also, can't remember exactly how much. But there is a link somewhere around here to a .pdf manual, I can't remember where it is either though. Sorry to be such a tremendous help :applause: .

As far as the 426 filter goes, I don't think it's a great idea. From what I've been reading, it doesn't filter nearly as well as the paper filters. If you're looking for re-usable filters, there has been nothing but good said about the scotts stainless filter , which has been said to filter close to or better than the paper.