HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OlaGB

Jetting.. once again..

12 posts in this topic

Jetting.. once again.. Only a little problem.

Installed JD kit, zip ty screw, hotcams in/ex, and a FMFq slipon.

Everything works great.. Going with 170mj, blue needle 4th clip. The rest is stock.

But when i am riding at normal speeds on the road, say 40-50mph, the enginge miss a little.. Almost as a plug/spark problem.. Every 10-15`th second it get 1 little miss.. a little more throttle, and nothing`s wrong..

Great response as well..

Is it the needle that needs to be down/up 1 clip, or do i need to change pilot jets or something else?

If the TPS does not work try the red needle on the 4th or 5th clip. I had studder problems with the blue at 4th and 3rd. After installing the red at 4 cleaned right up. Good luck.

Thank you for great help! Dropped the needle 1clip, and adjusted fuel screm from 1 3/4 down to 1turn..

Much better!

Nice to hear!

Remember, rich will run rough like you experienced and lean will make it run like it is breathing real hard and won't pick up speed easily.

Is the White Bros pipe on my 01 426F compatible to place on a 05 WR 450?

Thanks!

no, only '03 - '05 same.

I `ve got an european WR, so i don`t think the cutting of the grey wire would work on mine?

Or?

Just pull it out of the harness. Don't cut it. Wrap some electrical tape around it.

You can reconnect it up if it does nothing for you.

Hmm ok, i will look into some threads about it for locating it, and try cutting it..