going GREEN tommorow

IAnd lastly, what purpose is served exactly by your announcement to a group of people that the bike most of them like sucks and you're going to buy something different?

I have been wondering the samething. I'm sure a post in the KX450F forum about "going BLUE tomorrow" would be welcomed, right?

It sure would not solicit the blind support of MXA, of this you could be sure.

It sure would not solicit the blind support of MXA, of this you could be sure.

I like you Open Class. You're a good member and a funny guy but My gawd man, you got your ass handed to you by Gray. Go to the CRF forum and ask how much of thier disposable income goes to replacing valves....or something constructive along those lines. :applause:

re-read the thread, I believe my a$$ is intact...as is my open mind. Or, perhaps an open mind frowned upon these days?

I can get close minded from the red forum and religious zealots, I just expected more from the blue forum...particularly as I have owned blue in the past, and would again.

That would have been you that introduced Jody to the thread, as he and MXA are the only ones who have said anything negative about the handling/suspension of the KXF. You then brought it up in you diatribe.
So, we have established that you personally dislike Jody Weisel, whose riding credentials, as dated as they are, are quite likely better than your own (Although I will freely admit that I don't know that, it's just probable), and would like to discredit the collective opinions of the MXA staff by attemping to paint it as his alone. Of course, it isn't. MXA has a test staff of 14 very qualified test riders (OK, so 13 of them are, but Jimmy Mac isn't just a wingnut, either), all of whom are MX racers, many of them former national and world champions, and most of whom have a considerable number of years of experience of all kinds to draw from. Jody himself does not normally write the test articles. The thing that separates the MXA staff from most others is that they don't ride around on a bike just the way it comes and whine about things like gearing and tires speculatively. They change stuff to see if it works better or not, which is what real-world people end up doing, and a report that a bike did actually perform better with a tooth added to the rear, or a different bar bend because they tried it is certainly worth more than someone complaining that the gaps in the gearbox are all wrong without trying anything to correct the problem. They are also completely unafraid to say something negative about anything they test, if that is their opinion. Do I agree with absolutely everything they say? Certainly not. But it happens far more often than with DR or TWMX, so in the event they express an opinion about something I have no hands on experience with that is at odds with the opinions of others, I do tend to give them more weight, yes.
You quote one mag's words and your own strong opinions as gossable, leaving no room for any other possibilities. It was your blind support of the words in MXA that brought this on.
I'm sorry, did you mean "gospel"? My opinions are mine, and they do tend to be rather well defined, but facts are also facts, and cannot be modified by simply asserting dissent. I quoted no magazine at any point.
...your refusal to see the points made about the level of changes made to the 06....negates any point about who one any perceived argument. It's called fanaticism, or zealously...and it leaves no room for counter points, which would define an argument.
Your opinion is, then, that the changes to the '06 YZ450 engine unit from the '05 amount to a completely new design? If so, I disagree, as I have already stated. Others can evaluate what we have each said, and decide for themselves. As far as your quote above, it could be as easily said of you.
re-read the thread, I believe my a$$ is intact...as is my open mind. Or, perhaps an open mind frowned upon these days?

I can get close minded from the red forum and religious zealots, I just expected more from the blue forum...particularly as I have owned blue in the past, and would again.

Your ass is intact because grayracer has graciously handed it to you.

Buy a KXF.

Sell the YZF.

Who cares, it's the internet.

If you want to argue though, you're in the right place and you've been given very salient facts to deal with, which you haven't. You whined about Grayracers methodology.

Uh oh, I have a tag team going now.

As previously stated and ignored, only MXA has said anything negative about the suspension on the KXF, so you did in fact bring MXA into the discussion whether you like it or not.

As to "arguing" with anyone on this thread, I have already stated that this is not an argument, could not be one, it is but a mantra from a zealot.

Personally, I maintain that both the KXF and the YZF can be equally reliable or unreliable for that matter....only time will answer that question.

How about you two? any room in your jihad for this possability?

the point on the chain tentioner was not to bash any brand but to say its a simple fix if you dont like it so quit crying about it,and my next point was yamaha has had similir small insignificant problems in the past and will in the future like everyone will.

Falshh I totally RESPECTFULLY disagree.....I think that this MCCT on the 05 & 06 RMZ is a worthless stupid design since day 1 and have had more than 1 Zuk owner as well as as Zuk dealership owner agree....It is a dumb routine that I refuse to do period, until it is time to replace it for $30.00! I would not consider a RMZ in my garage for this reason....not to mention the numerous documented cases that they are blowing up....

I also will defend the turning of a 03 - 05 YZF....they can be made to turn better than stock with different links or different steering offsets....yes a 06 anything should turn better stock than the 03-05 YZFs ... but with some basic tweeking the 03 - 05 can turn to...

I could buy either a red, Blue or Green 06 450 a be happy.........or a yellow Yami ..... and yea they all will cost money after the first 6-12mos of ownership to maintain....I just have a better idea what the Yami will cost me.. :applause:

WOW, you guys have lots of time, how about you come lace-up a couple wheels for me. I don't have time to read all 143 posts on this thread but I see some very spirited conversation here, in what few posts I've read. In case you all forgot, falssh already bought his Kawi, he's probably out riding while you bicker. He's the one who wins this debate! :applause: FYI, grayracer, the Yamaha's will break just like all the others. :bonk:

WOW, you guys have lots of time, how about you come lace-up a couple wheels for me. I don't have time to read all 143 posts on this thread but I see some very spirited conversation here, in what few posts I've read. In case you all forgot, falssh already bought his Kawi, he's probably out riding while you bicker. He's the one who wins this debate! :applause: FYI, grayracer, the Yamaha's will break just like all the others. :bonk:

Wrong.

I'm getting paid to dick off on the internet, like most of you guys.

We are living the American dream. :cry:

Now there is a point we are in violent agreement on!! :applause:

WOW, you guys have lots of time, how about you come lace-up a couple wheels for me. I don't have time to read all 143 posts on this thread but I see some very spirited conversation here, in what few posts I've read. In case you all forgot, falssh already bought his Kawi, he's probably out riding while you bicker. He's the one who wins this debate! :applause: FYI, grayracer, the Yamaha's will break just like all the others. :cry:
They will? Wow, I didn't know. :bonk:

But I can fit in a couple of hours for you. Send me your hubs, and new spokes and rims and I'll set them up for you for $100 each. You pay the freight both ways.

You know just because it has more gears you don,t have to use them I road one and i would only be using 2-3-4 on an mx track

They will? Wow, I didn't know. :bonk:

But I can fit in a couple of hours for you. Send me your hubs, and new spokes and rims and I'll set them up for you for $100 each. You pay the freight both ways.

Yes, it was obvious you didn't know, at least it won't be such a shock for you now. Of course, if you spend all your time dicking around on the internet in stead of riding, you might never have to work on it.

Much as I hate lacing wheels, I do want them done correctly so I'll have to pass on your offer. Thanks anyway though. :applause:

mate keep telling yourself the kx450 has had more testing than the 06yz450 because im not believing any of it.06 yammi might be new but its still using the same tried and trusted(8 years)of yammi research and development,sure all the 06 bikes are awesome but none have reliability of the yamaha period.lets see how that head and valve train go?lets hope its not like what hondas,kawa' suz,ive seen over the last few years because they have seemed to be money pits.had to have my say sorry if this offends but its my view.

you're just a yamaha nazi and would never ride anything but, you have no clue how much time was spent on development on either of the bikes, so you should learn about what you're talking about before you speak.

mate keep telling yourself the kx450 has had more testing than the 06yz450 because im not believing any of it.06 yammi might be new but its still using the same tried and trusted(8 years)of yammi research and development,sure all the 06 bikes are awesome but none have reliability of the yamaha period.lets see how that head and valve train go?lets hope its not like what hondas,kawa' suz,ive seen over the last few years because they have seemed to be money pits.had to have my say sorry if this offends but its my view.

you're just a yamaha nazi and would never ride anything but, you have no clue how much time was spent on development on either of the bikes, so you should learn about what you're talking about before you speak.

looks like the kxf forum is free of horror stories :applause:

grayracer, that would have been an extremely cogent dissertation if not for the obvious yamaha bias.

Though there are many points to address I will only focus on the following one:

To your point "The KXF is using last year's technology in the KYB AOSS fork as well, and the suspension has not reviewed very well with credible testers."

...Jody with MXA does not constitute a credible tester, However; Greg Albertyn's claim "The Kawasaki handles the best. It is very stable and very plush." would have more weight and credibility.

Oh, and a case,barrel, and head change to accommodate a 5th gear and a completely new oil transfer system is not something you should dismiss as trivial or insignificant. It is after all the OIL DELIVERY SYSTEM, and gears, shift shaft and drum....all crittical.

FYI...

Quoted from DB Rag (Jan 06) Kawi 450 Test, The KX 450 has Kayaba's new speed-sensitive fork, similar to the one on the new YZ's..........

.... so where does that leave us? With an excellent alternative in the 450 class. Kawi made the choice a lot more complicated. Later in the year, Yami will be available and things will get more interesting............

IMO it's very COOL to have so many choices available to us......... :applause:

I still remember riding/racing a 1992 Husky 610 Thumper.............. :bonk:

Much as I hate lacing wheels, I do want them done correctly so I'll have to pass on your offer. Thanks anyway though.
Any way you want it, sport. :applause: