HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
flintlock28

Which stainless front brake line to get???

13 posts in this topic

I want to replace my stock 2004 Yz 450f front brake line with a stainless aftermarket for less sponginess from the stock line. I had heard Galfer's are really nice, but some people say their fittings are weak, and prone to damage.

What other brands are recommended?? and is the CR style worth going to, or is it a unnecessary modification??

Thanks

Don

i have a venhill standard length and routing front hose it works awsome, and the fittings are holding up well. :applause:

Dont buy a Galfer or Russel line. The fittings will break off the line. First ride broke a Galfer line and I did not even fall on the brake side!

Get a Fastline. It has the best fittings, much like the OEM units. WB sells them.

Matt, I agree 100 percent. The Galfer line has weak fittings. Ride Engineering was cool about and offered to fix my line for 30 bucks. I declined. Mine broke when my arm bumped into it for crying out loud. The Fastline replacement has been through hell and is still working fine.

I bought the MSR from rocky mountain for 47 buck but when you open it up it says Galfer on it so it looks like Galfer subcontacts it out to MSR. I was pleased with the price and very pleased with the better performance.