Happy Thanksgiving!

Just wanted to say I wish each of you a Happy Thanksgiving.

Enjoy the day and take care.

Stephen R. Fowler

"ripntear"

You, too, buddy! :applause:

Thanks you too, :applause:

Thanks you too. I don't know what that day means :applause: but I guess you guys eat a lot of turkey at thanksgiving :ride:

and the same for all. Now its time to throw the turkey inthe oven.

Thanks you too. I don't know what that day means :applause: but I guess you guys eat a lot of turkey at thanksgiving :ride:

The first year the Pilgrims landed at Plymouth Rock, they had a bad winter and lost almost half of the original 100 or so that came over on the Mayflower.

The next year they had a great harvest and decided to have a feast to celebrate. They invited some native Indians to join them because they had offered help on types of crops to grow, game to hunt and other important things needed to insure their survival.

Turkey back then was a term the Pilgrims used for any type of wild fowl. We have since named a particular species of fowl "Turkey" and this is what is most common on our tables during this holiday.

This was the beginning of our Thanksgiving tradition. Around 240 years later President Abraham Lincoln proclaimed it a national holiday and that it would fall on the last Thursday of November.

Hope this short history lesson helps you understand "this day" better and what all the Turkey is about.

Thank you for the lesson, so now I know :applause:

The first year the Pilgrims landed at Plymouth Rock, they had a bad winter and lost almost half of the original 100 or so that came over on the Mayflower.

The next year they had a great harvest and decided to have a feast to celebrate. They invited some native Indians to join them because they had offered help on types of crops to grow, game to hunt and other important things needed to insure their survival.

Turkey back then was a term the Pilgrims used for any type of wild fowl. We have since named a particular species of fowl "Turkey" and this is what is most common on our tables during this holiday.

This was the beginning of our Thanksgiving tradition. Around 240 years later President Abraham Lincoln proclaimed it a national holiday and that it would fall on the last Thursday of November.

Hope this short history lesson helps you understand "this day" better and what all the Turkey is about.

Ya thanks bro. :ride: I ate more than I should have, and got to spend some time with the family too. Now its back to work tomarrow. :applause: