HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MotoGreg

Neutral switch cover plate

3 posts in this topic

I seem to remember that it used an o-ring??? I can't remember if I had to use the o-ring from the original switch or if it came with a new one though.

------------------

MotoGreg - flipa.gif

'92 GSXR 7/11 (Until I get a groovy 996 or GSXR1000)

'99 YZ/WR400F 'cause thumpers rule and two strokes drool!

You're supposed to reuse the stock o-ring. I just cut off the wires and reuse the stock plastic piece.

Through the advise of many on this forum, I installed a Terry Cable neutral switch cover plate some time ago. Looks very cool, fit perfectly, got rid of unnecessary wires...

I noticed yesterday that oil has been leaking from behind this plate. For those of you who are using this product, did you install a gasket or seal along with the plate? One did not come with it and I'm wondering if using the seal from the original neutral switch will work.

------------------

99WR,WR timing,throttle stop removed,Uni filter,E-Series pipe,carbon air box,Pro Tapers,lights removed,YZ tank,13 tooth sprocket