HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dustin_Mabro

Exhaust is tooo loud

13 posts in this topic

Bought a '00 YZ426 and it came with a WB exhaust on it. I don't know much about aftermarket exhaust but i think it's the E-series and dear lord is it loud. I'm worried about getting on trails here in Michigan and being to way to loud to plate it. I tryed to do a search before i took up space for a new thread but didn't come up with much. :applause:

What can I do? links for purchases or pictures will be greatly appreciated.

It probably needs to be repacked -

Also if it is a Eseries - buy the sound/diffuser rings for it from WB it can be much quieter

Bought a '00 YZ426 and it came with a WB exhaust on it. I don't know much about aftermarket exhaust but i think it's the E-series and dear lord is it loud. I'm worried about getting on trails here in Michigan and being to way to loud to plate it. I tryed to do a search before i took up space for a new thread but didn't come up with much. :applause:

What can I do? links for purchases or pictures will be greatly appreciated.

Dustin, review the thread on first page (10 or so below your thread) about "YZ Spark arrestor suggestions" There's some good info there.

Ron D.

great thanks a lot guys,

Ga426, like i said i'm not hip to aftermarket pipes but if the diffuser rings are the thin pieces of metal inbetween the end cap and the rest of the muffler...i got em

and chad, i had thought about getting a stock pipe from some one but since i didn't put this pipe on i don't know what benefits it gave the bike...i may just have to bite the bullet and do that if i can't get this quiet enough

thanks again guys

Post up with whatever you end up installing. I've got the R4 exhaust on my 00 426 and it's over the top loud. I had a guy find me when he was lost. He could hear my exhaust over a mile away, so he decided to stop on the trail and get directions from me.

another great reason to have a loud exhaust!

>>I had a guy find me when he was lost. He could hear my exhaust over a mile away, so he decided to stop on the trail and get directions from me.

Post up with whatever you end up installing. I've got the R4 exhaust on my 00 426 and it's over the top loud. I had a guy find me when he was lost. He could hear my exhaust over a mile away, so he decided to stop on the trail and get directions from me.

i'll try to remember to do that, it may not be any time soon, there are a lot of things i need to get for it still. i rode over to my bro's house (around the corner on mostly back roads) and he said he could hear me at the last intersection...probably 2.5 miles of straight down the road.

i don't think there is much if any packing in this thing..it's insane :ride: i kinda like it...but then again my father in law is a hunter that hates sport bike anythings and tends to bitch about anything that he doesn't like

he's they type...sport quads are a waste, sport bikes are a waste, the only thing to do in your free time is mow the lawn and hunt....rable rable rable... :applause:

if the diffuser rings are the thin pieces of metal inbetween the end cap and the rest of the muffler...i got em

How many plates do you have? is there an end plate/cap that is solid? If you don't have the solid end plate you will never get the thing quite. If the end cap is in place you can remove a few of the plates. The more you remove the quieter it will be.

From reading here and other places, it seems that nothing is better than the FMF -Q for being very quiet and still performing well. If I were in your shoes (wish I was, nothing but houses here now) I would go with the FMF-Q. Should be quiet enough to keep your neighbors in the woods happy, plus you'll still get very good performance.

Of course the least expensive option is removing rings from your current silencer, assuming you've got the solid back plate on it. Good luck!

nope, no solid back plate on it, probably...8 or 9 plates but the last plate is just an exit pointed downward slightly...can i just get the solid plate??

probably used eh?

Do yourself, other riders and your neighbors a favor and run a quieter pipe. Non-riders hate loud pipes and use the loud pipe argument to shut down riding areas. The WB E- Series is a notoriously loud pipe especially when you run the open end cap. If you're going to try to quiet the pipe down, purchase a closed end cap, repack the muffler and try running less that 8 discs. IMO, I would sell the E-Series and spend your $$ on a new and quieter pipe. I'm running the WB E2 on my 02 YZ250F, with the quiet/spark arrester insert. I like the E2 because it's high quality unit that is very well made and you can take out the spark arrester insert to open up the pipe by installing the open competion end ring (included) if you want to run an open=loud pipe. Small and larger end rings are also available from White Brothers. Other good pipes are the FMF Q2 and the Pro Circuit 496 which are both quiet pipes.