Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NOMADAK

Someone with an '06 YZ450 clear up the tire issue!

14 posts in this topic

Ok, I am seeing alot of information and disinformation on which tires are actually coming on the bikes.

Pretty sure they are Dunlops but I am hoping that new OWNERS will speak up and tell us the real scoop. What tire is on the back, the model and size?

What tire is on the front, what model and size?

:applause: pretty please?

I just gots to know!!!!!!!!

I know what the magazines say

Ga426, no offense meant, but I want to hear from an actual owner!

what difference does it make? My 05 YZ250 had 739's front and rear but 756's went on before it got it's first ride. Tire selection won't make you change your purchase of bikes will it?

DPW......SHOWOFF!!! :applause:

I know what the magazines say

Ga426, no offense meant, but I want to hear from an actual owner!

none taken - although up in Alaska this part of the year you may need tire spikes or screw tires for the snow......... I am going to be a actual owner (when it finally comes in) and I have already asked to find out - that is why I have brandspanking new Michelin MS3 Starcross Front and rear to install on it before it even gets dirty as well as Ironman front /rear sprockets and DID ERT chain...The tire size are the same as the 01-05 YZF's. :applause:

I have my Limited Edition reserved through my local dealer. It is the only one they are getting. They don't want to pay flooring costs. I don't want it sitting in my garage for 4 months. I take delivery in mid Feb.

best part is $6500 otd, no taxes here in AK.

BTW. My YZ250 is staged down in Gaineville Florida right now. I am keeping it down there to do some winter training. What part of Georgia are you in?

We have several other bikes to ride the ice!

I have my Limited Edition reserved through my local dealer. It is the only one they are getting. They don't want to pay flooring costs. I don't want it sitting in my garage for 4 months. I take delivery in mid Feb.

best part is $6500 otd, no taxes here in AK.

BTW. My YZ250 is staged down in Gaineville Florida right now. I am keeping it down there to do some winter training. What part of Georgia are you in?

We have several other bikes to ride the ice!

I am about 20 miles north of Atlanta - Florida is the place to train. Very flat - and sandy but warm temps there. Ga has the hills

I am about 20 miles north of Atlanta - Florida is the place to train. Very flat - and sandy but warm temps there. Ga has the hills

I am heading up to that area this weekend to pick up a street bike in a town called Kennesaw. What tracks or trails do they have around there?

I am originally from Florida. My riding buddies head into the Appalacians every now and then.

I have family up in Cartersville, GA.

Did the Road Atlanta trip from Florida quite a few times in the early 90's during my roadracing days.

I am originally from Florida. My riding buddies head into the Appalacians every now and then.

I have family up in Cartersville, GA.

Did the Road Atlanta trip from Florida quite a few times in the early 90's during my roadracing days.

The MTNs are a favorite road riding area and the trails up there are not too shabby either...

Road Atlanta is the spot/Mecca for racing of all types especially road racing...I used to race SCCA there - now I just spectate for all the events there - WERA & AMA is crazy fast there..my dad took me there as a kid to watch CAN-AM & TransAM in the late 60s/70s as well as Motocross (I believed they called it Trans AMA /TransAM back in those days) to watch Decoster and the other MXforefathers race up and down the Big hill at 60+mph on the front straight(now is the new pit lane) been hooked ever since....to MX/Road bikes and racecars...

Hey have a great Thanksgiving - pm me when you come to GA - I will show you some fun ass MX tracks to ride

pm me when you come to GA - I will show you some fun ass MX tracks to ride

That's what I was looking for!

:applause:

I always loved going to Road A. I love how they used the natural topography to lay the pavement down on. It is such a flowing course.

Never got to see a MX race there, some of my old AHRMA pals used to talk about the Trans AM races there.

Have you ever been to Sucches, GA? Home of the dragon? I keep telling my road going pals up here about it, they drool over the description. We'll make the trek with our sport bikes one day.