HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kawirider

Just the fuel screw or a rejet?

4 posts in this topic

Since it has gotten colder, my '03 has started to get some backfire and stalling here and there, and I know it is just running lean, as is my dads WR250F. Just by richening it up by the pilot screw on the bottom of the carburator will that work or do I need to bust the carb open? I am not looking for every last ounce of performance I just want it to act normal. thx for the help

Yes I already did a search.

For temps below 60 - I would go up 1 on the main. From 165 to 168 or 168 to 170. Take drain plug off bottom of carb to get to it. Then readjust fuel screw.

generally, you might also need to adjust the clip on the needle (raising the needle to make it richer). There is no way to guess this stuff, you have to be willing to try it. The fuel screw would be the first thing to try, then the main.