HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ghoti

Tire breaking down?

8 posts in this topic

Anyone ever had a tire carcass break down? When I ride my L on the street it feels like I have a flat back tire. It's a Kenda k270, fairly new. I checked everything I can think of except dismounting the tire, it's better with higher tire pressure, and all suspension settings maxed out. Is there a hidden place where the frame cracks?

Anyone ever had a tire carcass break down? When I ride my L on the street it feels like I have a flat back tire. It's a Kenda k270, fairly new. I checked everything I can think of except dismounting the tire, it's better with higher tire pressure, and all suspension settings maxed out. Is there a hidden place where the frame cracks?

I think this is a radial characteristic when on a motorcycle. Is it a radial tire? When I went to trials tires on my bikes which, are radial, I noticed the same thing at about 55-60 mph.

I think this is a radial characteristic when on a motorcycle. Is it a radial tire? When I went to trials tires on my bikes which, are radial, I noticed the same thing at about 55-60 mph.

Not a radial, 6 ply bias. I'm pretty convinced it's the tire, just looking for some confirmation, or other things it could be.

if the frame was cracked, you would know it. and if u didnt easily spot it by a quick visual look, take the seat and tank off, that would give you a view of the entire frame. but thats prolly not it. what psi are you running?

if the frame was cracked, you would know it. and if u didnt easily spot it by a quick visual look, take the seat and tank off, that would give you a view of the entire frame. but thats prolly not it. what psi are you running?

I don't think the frame is cracked, unless it is somewhere up near the swingarm pivot. There isn't any play, in any ditection, front or rear. Tire psi from 15 to 30 in 5 psi increments.

Its the freakin tire. I put a Kenda on the back of my 83' XL600 back in 85' or 86'. The thing couldnt have sucked any worse. It'd spin in a straight line and pitch me sideways in a corner at anything faster than a basic crawl. I put 32 miles on it and took it off and threw it away and replaced it with a Bridgestone like the one the bike came with. You'd be better off with a freakin knobbie.

Granted, Kenda is almost a completely different company now. And I know guys that really like thier tires...

I need a rear tire for my plated XR. Im dancing around the Cheng Shin 858 but I cant find one in a shop anywhere so I can put my thumbnail in it to see how gooey or dense it is. :applause: