How much did you pay for your 2006 YZ450F

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is worthless for anyone expecting truthfull info on what people are paying otd on a 06 YZ450F. CRFthumper put his money down last Feb. or Mar. and got a SE for 6300.00 otd. I work at a Yamaha shop and I can tell you Yamaha dealers didn't even have pricing released to them until June, then knowing what dealer cost is ect that dealer would have lost several hundred dollars to make such a deal, but then it could be that they liked CRFthumper so much they took a lose on the sale. However I will say this there are some stupid dealers.

This thread is worthless for anyone expecting truthfull info on what people are paying otd on a 06 YZ450F. CRFthumper put his money down last Feb. or Mar. and got a SE for 6300.00 otd. I work at a Yamaha shop and I can tell you Yamaha dealers didn't even have pricing released to them until June, then knowing what dealer cost is ect that dealer would have lost several hundred dollars to make such a deal, but then it could be that they liked CRFthumper so much they took a lose on the sale. However I will say this there are some stupid dealers.

I just now saw this and wanted to post a reply.I tell what lets do,If i can get you a recite with what I paid andwhen I did it That should be worth at least a formal apology right?Or even better admitting that just because you work at a dealer you still jumped the gun by saying something you have NO idea about! whatcha think? :applause:

While you are not yamahazook and did not implie I was a lair,I have no problem with telling you him, or anybody else how it happend!We have been buying bikes from this dealer for a lot of years now.My whole family rides so that is about 5 bikes a year some more some less!I say this just to give you an idea of the money we spend with this dealer!Zook was rite about one thing,the dealer didn't even knowwhat msrp was when I put money down!!!!So we just agreed to come up with the price at a later date!SO.thats how money got paid so early!About Aug or sept they called me and said they could sell it to me for 6300.00!!Surprised me as well,I was thinking around 6600.00.There you have it,the truth the whole truth and nuttin but the truth! BTW,I know how high bikes are in Cali but we get then a LOT cheaper out here! :prof:Call lake hill motors and they will beat any deal you get out there!167 dont feel bad me either but we are getting close now!I was told today that yamaha was releasing a shipment today,from atlanta wharehouse!

I paid 6495 otd shipped to so cal from toledo honda east in toleto!!

No B.S. California dealer mark ups taxws etc..

cmon

Dude, I'm from Ohio and it had to cost you at least $300 to ship it out there. That means they sold it for $6150. I don't believe they sold it for that. Plus, you didn't pay sales tax.

I highly doubt it was $6495 shipped from Ohio to CA to your door.

$6517.50 OTD and still no bike. :applause:

I still call BS on this one, too. Out here, everyone's been waiting for them and they even had money down. Now, if you were quoted $6517.50 out the dorr, cool, but I bet you get slapped with some fees, etc. Or, that's the price before tax...

Like someone stated earlier - guys with these bogus low $6k figures out the door (Tax, bike price, fees, licensing, set-up, etc.) should show us their receipts (you can block all the important info) or just quit with the lame replies. Low to flat $7k is probably the best deal you can get OTD on these right now.

Paid $6549 OTD for mine here in MN. No BS. Yes, that is after tax and after the MN trail registration fee of $35.

I have no reason to lie about it.

I would post a pic of my sales receipt if I weren't feeling so lazy right now.

Of course, I am still waiting for my bike to show up.

I still call BS on this one, too. Out here, everyone's been waiting for them and they even had money down. Now, if you were quoted $6517.50 out the dorr, cool, but I bet you get slapped with some fees, etc. Or, that's the price before tax...

Like someone stated earlier - guys with these bogus low $6k figures out the door (Tax, bike price, fees, licensing, set-up, etc.) should show us their receipts (you can block all the important info) or just quit with the lame replies. Low to flat $7k is probably the best deal you can get OTD on these right now.

Why do some people find it so difficult to belive that you can actually get a deal on a bike? ThumperTalk is selling the '06 450F for $6199 + shipping (max $295), so you could get the bike on this website for $6400-6500. You called BS on xtreme165's deal of $6517, but he IMed me the info where he got his bike and the actual costs. Seems very legitimate to me. Besides, what would anyone gain from providing a bogus price on a bike?

Here in Pittsburgh, my regular shop has the elusive '06 KTM250F marked down to $6098 (MSRP = $6598) and they have the SE YZ250F at $5799. There are decent deals out there.

Why do some people find it so difficult to belive that you can actually get a deal on a bike? ThumperTalk is selling the '06 450F for $6199 + shipping (max $295), so you could get the bike on this website for $6400-6500. You called BS on xtreme165's deal of $6517, but he IMed me the info where he got his bike and the actual costs. Seems very legitimate to me. Besides, what would anyone gain from providing a bogus price on a bike?

Here in Pittsburgh, my regular shop has the elusive '06 KTM250F marked down to $6098 (MSRP = $6598) and they have the SE YZ250F at $5799. There are decent deals out there.

WELL SAID!Would it make you feel better if I said 7643.00?If you look around you can get better than msrp.We are lucky enough that we don't have to worry about a few hundred dollars at this point I would pay msrp!lol

KTMs are doing a dealer incentive and cash bonus stuff like Honda right now. Price is that low due to the incentives probably. Of course, KTMs aren't setting the world on fire so, it could be legit.

The deal behind bogus prices stated on here are usually people trying to stir the pot or people who don't know what OTD actually means. I also don't believe any price if the owner hasn't picked the bike up yet. Most of the time, tax and fees aren't included in a quote. Of course, if there's a deposit, usually the invoice is showing full out the door costs, but sometimes, people take deposits before getting the invoices on the bikes from the manufacturer so, the actual costs can be higher when you go to pick it up.

All I am saying is that there are some fuzzy deals out there and I cannot believe that the midwest, who have been waiting forever for these are selling them just over deale cost right now. In two months, sure. I see it like any other MX bike - sell at $100 over dealer, use the holdback to make money and roll...

Also, the price on Thumper isn't showing any fees, set-up, etc. You're guessing at shipping charges, as well. Get a moderator that actually knows the drill and the totals and THEN talk about how cheap.

Also, the KTM deal - I thought it was lower than that, but only knocking off $500 off retail isn't anything. You're nuts about elusive - a dealer in the middle of nowhere in southern Ohio has two of them. In any case, if you told me you're getting your YZ at $6500 before tax, licensing, etc. I'd be ok with that. Otherwise, I think you're being misleading. Get your invoice and I'll sit here with pie on my face and appologize.

By the way, I really could care less about how cheap you got one for - I got mine well below your price, but I'm not going to tell the world the cost nor tell where I got it as I get a special deal since I am sponsored via road racing. Otherwise, people walking in get them for about retail plus a bit out the door with tax, etc.

Of course, you guys may not be paying taxes, as well. Which, if you look at it, if you get one for $6500 with fees, etc, but no taxes, you'd save about $450 so, I guess I could buy that. You'd be $6900 or so out the door once you register it with the state you live in... I may be wrong afterall, but still, OTD would include tax that you'd pay after registering it in your state.

$6076 is what I paid for the bike! NO BS. After tax, title it came to $6517.50 again no BS! You do the math $6076 pa sales tax 6% and title fee. Total again $6517.50 OTD no other fees. I know what dealer cost is and they made $200 on me. Plus I already paid for the bike in full so put your $$ where your beliefs are and wanna bet me any $$$??? :applause:

$6076 is what I paid for the bike! NO BS. After tax, title it came to $6517.50 again no BS! You do the math $6076 pa sales tax 6% and title fee. Total again $6517.50 OTD no other fees. I know what dealer cost is and they made $200 on me. Plus I already paid for the bike in full so put your $$ where your beliefs are and wanna bet me any $$$??? :applause:

Do you ride for that shop? I mean, to make $200 is kinda crazy for an average off the street buyer on these in this side of the country right now...

Great deal if you got her for that, but you still don't have it yet, do you? I hope you don't get thrown a set-up fee... Of course, if you ride for them, I understand. I am in the same boat. Great deal because I ride for my shop, but I take my price and throw it out as it isn't what the normal guy pays...

Do you ride for that shop? I mean, to make $200 is kinda crazy for an average off the street buyer on these in this side of the country right now...

Great deal if you got her for that, but you still don't have it yet, do you? I hope you don't get thrown a set-up fee... Of course, if you ride for them, I understand. I am in the same boat. Great deal because I ride for my shop, but I take my price and throw it out as it isn't what the normal guy pays...

No, I dont ride for them for that matter I dont race that much anymore. Although it prob. helps that I own 2 tracks. :applause: I wasnt throwing the price out everyone asked so I told them. Plus I know that thumper38 got his bike (kxf450) for a GREAT deal as well even better than mine as he traded in a bike and I didnt. Either way no biggie everyone pay's something different and I'm sure there are some out there that did better than me.

And NO I dont have my bike yet! :bonk: and either doe's anyone else here in Pa but mine is paid in full and I get the first one so anyday now I'm hoping. ? However I still have my old bike to ride for now but again it's set up for winter with trellborgs and really low gearing etc.. and I want to get to the indoor to do some riding.

All and those set up fee's are a slap in the face if you ask me as that price is already packed into the dealers price.