I'm Looking at an 00' XR650R to buy.

Hey Guys,

I just wanted some opinions on the 2000 model XR650R. I found one I might buy,but since this is the first year they were made....Is there anything I should be worried about? Or should I look for a newer one. This thing is already Ca. plated for me and he has many upgrades.(scott's damper,edlebrock carb.,etc.) He's asking 4200.00. What do you think? If it's clean is it worth it?

Thanks in advance!

He is charging you for the plate. The carb is nice but only about $400. It is quite a bit of money for a 2000 model. There are only a couple minor differences in the 2000 from the 2006 model years. Countershaft seal needed replacing (can be done in a few minutes) and the clutch bearing (very inexpensive part). Graphics change slightly every year. There is a good chance that these have been replaced already.

If it has little to no mileage on it and is in very nice condition you might pay that much if the plate is very important to you.

That seems a bit steep for a 2000 unless it is absolutely mint.

Hey Guys,

I just wanted some opinions on the 2000 model XR650R. I found one I might buy,but since this is the first year they were made....Is there anything I should be worried about? Or should I look for a newer one. This thing is already Ca. plated for me and he has many upgrades.(scott's damper,edlebrock carb.,etc.) He's asking 4200.00. What do you think? If it's clean is it worth it?

Thanks in advance!

The damper and the carb are about a grand new, brings it down to $3200, say an extra $500 for the plate and whatever other goodies and now you are down to $2700 for a bone stocker, which is probably a half decent price as long as it's in good shape.

I'd say it's not too bad a deal, but of course try to beat him down. :applause:

Thanks for the input. I went and looked it over today and bought it. It ended up having a lot more mods than I thought. The suspension was redone with heavier springs,the stock and a large gas tank,fork brace,tall seat,pro-circuit exhaust,pro-taper bars,handguards and a box full of other new and used parts,tires etc! I just couldn't pass this one up! I could only get the price down a hundred bucks. That should cover a tank of gas these days.

Thanks again

-Maddox101