HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zx7rye

Bike Stand

11 posts in this topic

What do you guys use for a stand? I want a foot operated lift stand. annoying to wrestle the bike on a standard one. I just have concerns over how well the typical ebay models work. Will they lift the bike enough to get the wheels off the ground for maintenance ans susp. setup? Any recommendations?

the foot-operated jack stands will raise your piggie well off the floor ... I bought mine at KRAGEN Auto Parts for $59, the cheapest price I've found ... same jack as the Sears and Pep Boy models (a Chinese 'Big Red', or something)... it works super ... a bit heavy to tote around with you, though ... :applause:

Motorcycle Jack from Checkers Auto $59 ($49 after rebate)1500lb lift capacity, 3 position lock, with 4" to 15 1/2" lift high, just clears my XR650L front and back from the floor, I added a 3/4" block with new rubber (Sears model has the same problem, but includes the extra block with it, Had one, but it was destroyed, that a whole nother story) I have used it to lift my GL 1500, no problems. But it does weigh about 40lbs.

I just have an FMF step up stand and a standard aluminum stand.

Either one works, doesn't bother me to wrestle the pig around on the standard one and its my stand of choice simply for stability.

I just have an FMF step up stand and a standard aluminum stand.

Either one works, doesn't bother me to wrestle the pig around on the standard one and its my stand of choice simply for stability.

my jack is quite stable, it alows for about half an inch of play to absorb some of the motion instead of just rocking off it...... its got nice bar locks that hold it almost solid and do not alow for it to lower even if the hydraulic pump fails. it is also adjstable to make it fit perfectly level.

How bout one of these?

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=91764

Heh... Other then that, the one I have is one of those Schucks/Costco/Sears generic red ones that you wheel under and pump up with your foot. But, the coolest thing about the lift I got, is that when I bought it, guess what was on the box? On the front of the box, one of the pictures used to show off the lift had a BRP sittin right on the lift. I was stoked...

How bout one of these?

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=91764

Heh... Other then that, the one I have is one of those Schucks/Costco/Sears generic red ones that you wheel under and pump up with your foot. But, the coolest thing about the lift I got, is that when I bought it, guess what was on the box? On the front of the box, one of the pictures used to show off the lift had a BRP sittin right on the lift. I was stoked...

damn, that thing is awsome.

damn, that thing is awsome.

.....awesome at $639 Canadian.

I wished you hadn't have showed me that. I NEED one now..... :applause: