02 426 parting out?

I have an 02 YZ426 Supermoto with low hours, that I have been trying to sell for $4k with what seems like little interest except for some people wanting the SM wheels & brakes seperatly. So it has gotten me to thinking about simply parting out the whole bike. I have been a MC mechanic for 20+ years and since it would be very easy for me to tear it down........ I was thinking about breaking it down and selling the pieces of the motor seperatly like Cases, Cyl, Head, 5 speed Trans, Crank ect. or ........ just selling the whole motor assembled.

What do you guys think??? :applause: or :ride:

Here is link to a picture of the bike.......

CopyofDSC00001.jpg

lumpy, my friend is having some difficulty with jetting, do you have any suggestions.

he just bought it, all stock except exhaust (no idea), very low hours 2002.

it seems to be running kinda hot until fully open, eventually plans on racing MX and doing some woods riding occasionally.

The Yellow ring is a prototype exhaust saver. If you crash on the pavement it acts like a slider and saves the Muffler & Side Panels. As long as I never crash it, it will always be a prototype!

I am selling it to start importing a NEW brand of Supermoto parts from Europe.

The motor & jetting is all stock and runs 100%

All of the 4 strokes run hot when sitting still or going slow. I have another product that lowers the temps on CRF's KXF's YZF's & RMZ's!

So........no one really addressed my question.........So it has gotten me to thinking about simply parting out the whole bike. I have been a MC mechanic for 20+ years and since it would be very easy for me to tear it down........ I was thinking about breaking it down and selling the pieces of the motor seperatly like Cases, Cyl, Head, 5 speed Trans, Crank ect. or ........ just selling the whole motor assembled.

Do you guys think.....Sell in parts??? Or sell the whole motor???

I dont have the stock wheels....... Or do I? HMMMMM....I could take the wheels off my 2 smoke and build trick wheels for it from the parts I am importing...... Or, There is a local guy who parts out bikes here in North Carolina. I have considered buying stock wheels and selling it whole but honestly, they dont seem to bring in the cash that parting it out would. Whole MX seems to go for around $2500 Motor, Carb, forks & shock should pull in close to that.

Thats right ...... they have some kind of auction thing here on TT dont they.

There are people paying fair market for perfectly good early and late model bikes for no other reason than parting them out, and making good money. They've already established a customer base, so they obviously can sell parts faster, but I'm sure you could part it out successfully, it just might take some time.

If your interested I'll start you off, I'll take the center cases crank and trans you could just strip the rest from the outside and sell the center to me. let me know my email is mgsytsma@gmail.com and I have cash in hand. Thanks

Mike

I may want the cylinder too, no head. I'll tell you right now I saw a good head off a 426 go for almost 500.00 the other day.

I am a full time eBay seller (lumpy790) of NEW MC dirt & street parts so I do have a pretty good following already. 1400 feedback at 99.5% and many repeat buyers. The local seller that parts out bikes will usually at least pull the top end, Ignition and clutch and sell the parts seperatly.

I have not heard of any serious problems with the 02 YZF creating demand for spacific parts. I know earlier models 98-99 had some crank failures. Does any one know what years the motor will interchange with others? I suspect the electrics would be different.

If your interested I'll start you off, I'll take the center cases crank and trans you could just strip the rest from the outside and sell the center to me. let me know my email is mgsytsma@gmail.com and I have cash in hand. Thanks

Mike

I may want the cylinder too, no head. I'll tell you right now I saw a good head off a 426 go for almost 500.00 the other day.

I will email you in a few minites. :applause:

Steve