Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WR426Frider

WR426 - Winter Storage

7 posts in this topic

First winter with this bike and wanted to know what all needs to be to these bikes for storage. It well be sitting for 3 months or a little longer.

Get some stuuded tires and run it all year around. Winter riding is great!

Otherwise, you should drain the fuel tank and the carb. All the other fliuds should be fine as long as the antifreeze is up to snuff. Change your oil in the spring before you ride and I would also change the break fliud, just for good measure.

Drain the Carb and the Tank. Change the Brake fluid once a year and do regular oil changes you will be good to go.

Why would you park your bike for so long? I live in Ohio as well but I don't think there was a month last winter that I did not ride.

even if not snow-riding, start her up and gun it and down a freshly shovelled driveway once every couple weeks! :ride:

...then look at fredettes studded tires :applause:

Along with draining all the gas. I think if your going to let it sit that long you also need to drop a few drips of oil in the cylinder through the spark plug hole. It's your choice, but I ride all year long.

Along with draining all the gas. I think if your going to let it sit that long you also need to drop a few drips of oil in the cylinder through the spark plug hole. It's your choice, but I ride all year long.

Yep..... and kick it over a few times with out the spark plug too.