HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
adam574

rim/tire setup

4 posts in this topic

so i have a xr650l and would like to run some wider excel rims. but i don't like the price(who does right?) i really don't see the need for hubs and all that crazy stuff i just want to be able to ride a wider profile tire on the street with the 17inch wheel. lowest cost possible. can i just get new spokes and the outer rim and be done with it or is there more too it then that? what i am looking for is two sets of rims run my street tires during the week and whenever i trail ride i wil throw on my dot knobby rim and tires. so i am looking for a quick switching wheel set.

this is what i was thinking... a set of dualsport tires only last me 2500 miles and a set of st bike tires will last me 10,000 so i figure it will kinda pay for itself in a roundabout way. i do go on the highway everytime on the way to work for about four miles so it will help there too.

200 for the rims

100 for spokes.

i can get like new race take off st bike tires for free

300 front and rear xr650l hub and rotors

50 extra rear sprocket

i think i can get the hubs and rotors for way cheaper on ebay or something but i want to get a worst case scenario. looks like 600 while a set of excel wheels already all done with hubs are like 900 plus the tires. so i am kinda on the fence if it would be worth the extra 300 to get the hubs and shit or if i can get it even cheaper for some reason that i am not paying attention to.