HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
singlefire

XR650R rear shock spring

14 posts in this topic

Does anyone have a stock rear shock spring for XR650R? Just purchased used bike and rear spring is way too stiff.

Thanks, Singlefire

How big a guys was previous owner (weight) and what do you weigh? Maybe you can work out a swap with somebody. Better yet, do you know the rate of the spring that's on there?

The previous owner weighs less than I do, I weigh about 200lbs. He set the bike up for super moto. I do not know what spring is on now, but a friend has a XR650R with stock spring and they are not the same. I have already had an offer to exchange my spring for stock one from "Kehale" I told him that sounded great. Thanks

I think you'll be dissapointed with the stock spring(sorry kehale). At 200lbs. you'll be around 210 geared up and require at least a 10.0kg spring. Stock is 9.0-9.5 I believe and is sprung for 165-170.

I have a fairly new stock spring...Give me $40 plus shipping and its yours. I'm leaving for baja today so I would be able to ship it to you next Monday.

rudy

I have a stock spring, its yours for $35 plus shipping and I am not leaving for Baja so I can ship it soon. Sorry Baja Rudy but this is business.

Also have stock front springs, seals and valving. Yours for $20.

Baja Rudy and XR/CR DAVE, Sorry guys I've had two offers for free exchange. I accepted the first offer to trade my spring for his, am waiting for his reply. Thanks Singlefire

R,

I'm going to mail it out to you today.

It's a new spring. it's only use was holding the rear end up on the showroom floor.

-T

I just sent mine in for new springs and valving. I should have it back in about 7 days. If you have not found one by then I will swap you If you can get a little more info on it . Mine is stock from a 2004 xr650r.

I am around the 200lb mark and fitted a H/D 11.0kg spring as i have the bike in supermoto trim mostly and it makes all the diffference in the world. No squat under acceleration.

I would stick with the heavier spring and the standard is for mice.

I would like to get my suspension set up for my weight (270lbs). Who and how much would I except to pay.