HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yamahan

Lifting the bars

4 posts in this topic

Hey Guys

WRFer from Singapore asking for advice. I am 1.8m tall at 85kg's. When trailriding I feel as if I want to fall forward (over the bars) when riding in a standing position. I have stock 7/8" Renthal Bars on the bike. I am about to order myself a GPR stabilizer to fit with the 7/8" bars. (Bending mod to crossbar).

My question - would raising the bars by say 1" sort my riding balance problem. If so, are there a fitting on the market to raise the bars. Something like a spacer :ride: , and still work with the GPR stabilizer.

Thx & ride it like you hate it!! :applause:

Hi Oldbones

It seems that it worked out well for you. I am not sure the up-forward raisers will work with steering stabilizer. Maybe the 1" risers will still work with the GPR stabilizer? ? Anybody with experience??

Risers from AJ's look a good deal. http://www.mts.net/~andyj/barrisers/index.html

I suppose just adding (straight-up) risers will cramp standing position eevn more with forks angling towards you?

Thx

Hi Oldbones

I suppose just adding (straight-up) risers will cramp standing position eevn more with forks angling towards you?

Thx

That's what I found. I had fat bar adapters that acted as 3/4" risers, and they put the bars farther back in my lap. The move forward with these new risers make this bike SO much better, I wish I had found these a couple years ago! :applause: