Lifting the bars

Hey Guys

WRFer from Singapore asking for advice. I am 1.8m tall at 85kg's. When trailriding I feel as if I want to fall forward (over the bars) when riding in a standing position. I have stock 7/8" Renthal Bars on the bike. I am about to order myself a GPR stabilizer to fit with the 7/8" bars. (Bending mod to crossbar).

My question - would raising the bars by say 1" sort my riding balance problem. If so, are there a fitting on the market to raise the bars. Something like a spacer :ride: , and still work with the GPR stabilizer.

Thx & ride it like you hate it!! :applause:

Hi Oldbones

It seems that it worked out well for you. I am not sure the up-forward raisers will work with steering stabilizer. Maybe the 1" risers will still work with the GPR stabilizer?? Anybody with experience??

Risers from AJ's look a good deal. http://www.mts.net/~andyj/barrisers/index.html

I suppose just adding (straight-up) risers will cramp standing position eevn more with forks angling towards you?

Thx

Hi Oldbones

I suppose just adding (straight-up) risers will cramp standing position eevn more with forks angling towards you?

Thx

That's what I found. I had fat bar adapters that acted as 3/4" risers, and they put the bars farther back in my lap. The move forward with these new risers make this bike SO much better, I wish I had found these a couple years ago! :applause: