Rekluse and hard shifting

OFF definately OFF,it'll offer more spring resistance on engagement making it engage slower (slip more)

Your right mountain man, I know a guy who burned his fibers because the spring was left on. Also, I had a friend who fried his fibers on a CRF during a 2 hour harescramble. His actuator arm had mud lodged around it limiting the travel of the arm, he didn't notice it because it was a mud race and he thought the back tire was spinning, but instead it was his clutch slipping. I have never had any problems with mine, but just keep an eye on things.

Update:

Took the bike out this past Turkey day and had an absolute blast with the new Rekluse clutch. Nasty rooted rutted steep uphills are so easy now, it's cheating.

I broke in the clutch per the manufacturer's instructions (10 stops after in first gear after reving up to 4000 rpm, then 10 stops reving up to 6000 rpm, and then rode for 20 minutes) and now it shifts no problem. Breaking in the clutch made all the difference in shifting. I also had to re-shim with one their .055 clutch plates to get in between the .030 and .042 install gab window after the 20 minute breakin.

Fun fun...

What oil are you all running with your rekluse. I was running Castrol Actevo and was having a whole lot of slipping with brand new Tusk offroad friction plates. Have since swithed to Chevron Delo 400 like rekluse recommended. I have not gotten a chance to ride with it yet but do you all think that it would have ruined the new plates or should it be o.k. :applause:

I'm running Maxima 10-40 motorcycle oil.

What oil are you all running with your rekluse. I was running Castrol Actevo and was having a whole lot of slipping with brand new Tusk offroad friction plates. Have since swithed to Chevron Delo 400 like rekluse recommended. I have not gotten a chance to ride with it yet but do you all think that it would have ruined the new plates or should it be o.k. :applause:

You should be okay. Chevron Delo 400 and Shell Rotella T 15W40 are the 2 highest recommended oils for use with a Rekluse.