HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TREADMARKS

Aftermarket goodies changes bike feel

11 posts in this topic

Man, It is like riding a different motorcycle.

The Corbin seat makes me sit closer to the tank and it is much more comfortable than the stocker. :p

The RSW billet fork brace and top tree with bar mounts makes the bike handle like a crotch rocket. Much more predictable on and off the road. Great product and the install was a breeze. Still gets a little wobble over 90 tho.

The Trailtech race light makes the bike look downright evil. It uses a Hella glass, but I don't know if it is dot approved or not. On my 0500 ride to work this morning 2 out of 3 cars that cut me off jumped back in their lane, and I didn't even have to flash them. It is like instant sunshine where ever I ride! You can even see the beam on the ground in daylight. :applause:

Yup, it's a different bike now thats for sure. :ride:

What exactly did you do to the top tree? Are the bars mounted higher? Thanx!

The bars are about an inch higher, and the top tree allows you to move them closer to the fork centerline.

I kinda thought so. I would like my bars higher also ,is that the way to go or are there other options?

Is that light high and low beam?

It was a single beam H1 type bulb when I got it. I converted the lens to use the factory H4 bulb, and have since upgraded to piaa super plasma gt-x. They are 60/55w = 135/125w, 3800K/5000K . :applause:

Additionally I have ordered a clear non-refracted lens to experiment with. :ride:

Top notch setup there Treadmarks. I want to put some Avons on my 650R and see how they feel. How are they on dirt roads?

Top notch setup there Treadmarks. I want to put some Avons on my 650R and see how they feel. How are they on dirt roads?

Thanks Needsprayer.

The Avon 's hook up pretty good actually. I only wish they came wider. When the power from the uncorked 650 comes on, she still gets sideways in the dirt tho. :applause: