ttr 125 mods

Im new to this site and i was wonder what you all thought some good mods would be to make on my ttr 125e or if you could just give me some links to some sites that would be good to and i was also wondering if yz 85 or 80 front end would fit on my ttr 125 and i would also like to get some black plastics for my bike so if any one has any info one that i would appreiate that

thanks

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I haven't ben on to reply. I'm the one that normaly replies first and replies a lot :applause:.

There are a lot of mods at www.bbrmotorsports.com . They are expsensive, but they do have good products.

The mods I would suggest would be:

-BBR Frame Cradle

-Cut out top of airbox

-Get an aftermarket air filter

-New exaust pipe (bbr is really good check at www.ttr125l.com )

-Yz 80 suspension

-Then re jet your carb.

There is also a big bore kit for this bike. It makes it a 150cc. BBR makes them.They are fairly expesive though.

The yz 80 front end bolts right up to a ttr 125.

There are many many mods you can do to this bike. You could also put a yz 80/85 carb on it,re jet it, and it would add some power I think.

How Much Would You Guess The Yz Front Ends Are And I Have Seen The Bbr Frame And Exaust And Big Bore Kits On Ebay i Was Thinking About The Frame Cradel But I Diddnt Really See What It Was Really For But I Might Get That Big Bore Kit And What Do You All Think Of The Fmf Powercore 4 Exaust Pipe That 's What I Was Thinking As Far As Exaust. THANKS FOR THE INFO :applause: THIS SITE IS KOOL SOME OF THE OTHER ONES IV BEEN ON SUCKED NOBODY EVER RESPONDED TO THEM

Ok heres what i would do first:

1. BBR frame cradle (this is a must)

2. IMS shifter (you have to do this!!!!!)

3. Stiffer fork springs AND 15w fork oil

4. Stiffer shock spring

----(the stiff springs are only if you dont do yz85 suspension)----

The YZ85 suspension is VARRY beefey and inverted..

Here is a pic of the YZ85 forks on my bike:

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=9245

VS.

The ttr suspension on my bike: (note: i do have stiffer fork springs in there)

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=9192

Now heres what i would do for power:

1. FMF power core 4 exaust system

2. YZ85 CARB

3. Uni air filter

4. 150 KIT (if you have $$$)

5. HotCam Camshaft

6. Go to a machine shop and machine off about a pound of flywheel

Now heres in all what i did:

Controlls:

IMS shifter

MSR bars

MSR on the go clutch ajuster

MSR levers

Body:

Full new plastics

Front numberplate sheet

Yamaha blue paint for frame

Engine:

HotCam -

New cylender

Honed cylender

New wiesco pistion

1 LB of flywheel machined off

New rings

Intake:

Uni Air filter

Twin Air filter

(the reason i have 2 is so i can swap them and not have to wait to ride agian And by the way for people who are curious the UNI is nicer )

Gutted Air Box

Other:

BBR frame cradel

BBR chain guide

CUSTOM home made frame strenghoning plate

New aluminum sprockets (front + rear)

DID gold chain

Suspension:

BBR 30% stiffer fork springs

BBR 30% stiffer shock springs

15W thicker fork oil

Wheels/Tires/Brakes:

New 2002 hub (bigger than 2001, adds strength)

New 2002 bolts for hub (2002 bigger than 2001)

Moose Racing Bearings

Ebc Brake pads (front)

Ebc Brake pads (rear)

Dunlop D 737 rear tire

Dunlop D 7575 front tire

..........All of those mods were great on my bike.. Also a free mod.. Take the seat off your bike and you will see the Air filter box. THere is a rubber boot that rests on the top of it you can take that off completly.. PM me for any questions.. :applause:

How Much Would You Guess The Yz Front Ends Are And I Have Seen The Bbr Frame And Exaust And Big Bore Kits On Ebay i Was Thinking About The Frame Cradel But I Diddnt Really See What It Was Really For But I Might Get That Big Bore Kit And What Do You All Think Of The Fmf Powercore 4 Exaust Pipe That 's What I Was Thinking As Far As Exaust. THANKS FOR THE INFO :applause: THIS SITE IS KOOL SOME OF THE OTHER ONES IV BEEN ON SUCKED NOBODY EVER RESPONDED TO THEM

You can look around ebay for the yz 80 front ends. If you are going to do any jumping I srongly suggest getting the frame cradle. It will prevent engine case damaging and frame stretching. The user "YamahaGuy" could also show you a mod he made himself.He made a frame bar that holds it together in the back.The FMF powercore 4 pipe is nice. The bbr pipe performs better I THINK. Here is the pipe shoot out with the ttr. http://www.ttr125l.com/pipetest.htm Also check that site out for a lot of mods.

Everything I did was basic:

fmf powercore 4 pipe

BBR filter cage and Uni filter+jet kit

drill holes in the air box for better airflow

BBR springs + heavier oil

RK gold chain

I had a Custom skidplate/engine cradle made from 1/4 inch aluminum

Dunlop tire: next size up in width

Moose 14T countershaft sprocket, more top speed

The next Things I would have done: BBR rear spring, Hotcams camshaft, maybe a new carb. Everything done was under a budget. The pipe, filter and jet kit really opened up the motor. lots of power from stock.

im definatly getting a fmf powercore 4 pipe, a frame cradel, a shifter, a big bore kit,and if i still got some money im going to get black plastic.then after i start my job im going to get some yz 80,85 forks other than that i have no clue yet

im definatly getting a fmf powercore 4 pipe, a frame cradel, a shifter, a big bore kit,and if i still got some money im going to get black plastic.then after i start my job im going to get some yz 80,85 forks other than that i have no clue yet
why put that much $$ in a ttr??? whynot get a bigger bike